Two features of MB4 missing in MB5?

Hello everybody 👋

I'm a Malwarebytes Premium user and yesterday I've updated my MB4 to the new and stable MB5 release through the link offered by @msherwood in this area of the forum (Link to the discussion: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/304592-has-malwarebytes-50-been-officially-released/?do=findComment&comment=1600288).

After the installation, I've noticed that the entire "View" section has gone. Consequently, two features available 'till MB4 have disappeared.

I'm talking about:

1) Theme:

I'm using Auto Dark Mode on my laptop, which is a tool that offers the possibility to automatically move from the Light to the Dark mode, basing on the sunrise and the sunset or on the personal user preferences. Malwarebytes 4 was always adapting to my choices set in ADM, while now, on MB5, I can only decide if keeping the Light and the Dark mode always on or off;

2) Hardware acceleration:

This was a useful feature, since it fastened a lot all the scans I performed.

My question now is: will these two features be implemented again in the future or have they been both deprecated?

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day ☺️

image.thumb.png.172b064e61ce575ae6d41896ee1e02b4.png

Edited by MariuxReloaded

• Staff

Hardware Acceleration was specifically referring to UI rendering. The toggle existed in MB4 because some users were experiencing rendering issues which could be solved by enabling/disabling it.

However, in MB5 we switched to a different UI framework which uses Hardware Acceleration by default to draw the UI. This framework is more robust and does not experience the same rendering issues MB4 had, so this toggle in settings is no longer necessary.

Related to the theme question, the "Use system theme" option could be something we will revisit in the future, we appreciate your feedback. :) 

• Thanks 1