Is the Browser guard stat screen in the RTP page broken again?

I see.

Im just confused as to what issues could’ve arisen since I don’t recall seeing any aside from what I mentioned earlier, but I don’t know what could’ve gone wrong.

I was holding off on updating my GPU driver since after submitting those logs, I wasn’t sure what I should, and shouldn’t update. (I’ll need to update since certain transparency effects are broken due to the one I’m on right now, and the update supposedly fixes that.)

I wanted to add logs to see if it can be seen there. Also for some reason Edge was starting up in the background on it's own and I don't know if that's because of the most recent update. Needless to say after it's pretty annoying. After I turned off auto startup on it and restarted, My task bar started freezing after the restart and I have no idea why (it's fine now, but i hope this isn't a recurring thing)

Wish I could uninstall these programs I have zero use for.

mbst-grab-results.zip

5 hours ago, Badran said:

... I was holding off on updating my GPU driver since after submitting those logs, I wasn’t sure what I should, and shouldn’t update. (I’ll need to update since certain transparency effects are broken due to the one I’m on right now, and the update supposedly fixes that.

Hi Badran:

This will be my final post in this topic.

Questions about MS Edge and updating your graphics drivers are off-topic and have nothing to do with your original question about discrepancies in your Ads / Trackers block counts in Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Browser Guard. This block count glitch is a known issue that's already been reported to Malwarebytes so it's unlikely that any of the senior members in this forum that have permission to read your mb-grab-results.zip files are going to do so now and start troubleshooting issues that have nothing to do with Malwarebytes.

If you want advice about problems unrelated to Malwarebytes you can post your questions in the General Windows PC Help board of this forum. Stick to one problem per topic. You can re-post your latest mb-grab-results.zip file there, but be sure to include basic information about your system such as your computer make/model, Windows operating system [include the edition (e.g., Home, Professional, etc.), version and build shown at Settings | System | About | Windows Specifications], antivirus and default browser.  Include as much information about the issue you are posting about (e.g., the make and model of your graphics GPU and current driver version shown in Device Manager) for people like me that don't have permission to read your mb-grab-results.zip files.

Just FYI, my Dell Inspiron 5584 has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 GPU and I am currently using the graphics driver recommended on the Dell support page for my computer model even though the Intel Driver & Support Assistant utility finds a newer driver for this GPU. As a general rule, I only use hardware drivers recommended by Dell for my system that I know have been certified for my Dell BIOS as long as the driver isn't causing an issue (e.g., like your broken transparency effects).   Before updating any hardware driver be sure you know how to roll back the driver to the previous version per the ElevenForum tutorial Roll Back Device Driver to Previous Version in Windows 11 just in case your new driver causes unexpected problems.

1 hour ago, Badran said:

...Also for some reason Edge was starting up in the background on it's own and I don't know if that's because of the most recent update ....

Multiple Windows 11 users have recently reported that Microsoft Edge (msedge.exe) continues to run in the background after Edge is closed, even if the Edge settings for Startup Boost and running of background extensions and apps are turned OFF at Settings | System and Performance | System (see image below) and toggling those two settings ON and back OFF again doesn't fix the problem.

If you have a Windows 11 OS see Panlo's 01-Oct-2023 Why is Edge Running in the Background After Copilot Installation? in the Microsoft Answers Edge for Windows 11 board as well as Megahertz's 22-Nov-2023 Edge Remans Running in the ElevenForum's Browsers and Mail board for more information.

MSEdgev118_0_2088_46SettingsSystemandPerformanceStartupBoostDisabled16Oct2023.png.0bf570dc43451393e3430a80c604b69f.png

-----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3693 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23100.2009-1.1.23100.2009 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.6.294-1.0.2189 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690 * Firefox v120.0 * Microsoft Edge v119.0.2151.93 * Malwarebytes Browser Guard v2.6.15
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

Thank you. I’m mainly trying to see if my installation of Malwarebytes isn’t corrupt in anyway since I’m still not sure what the 2 issues were within the security advisor, and I'm unsure if my browser guard integration is broken, because it’s unusual that nothing showed up in the report despite browser guard showing blocks.

as for Edge, maybe it’s related to this weird search bar thing they added since I forgot to mention that it popped up on restart to tell me about it. I did turn those two off earlier, so I hope it stays off. I’m mainly just annoyed about edge since I have no desire to use it but it’s got to stay for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, lmacri said:

Before updating any hardware driver be sure you know how to roll back the driver to the previous version per the ElevenForum tutorial Roll Back Device Driver to Previous Version in Windows 11

I'm jumping in here to thank you for the link and suggestion as I also have a Dell and check driver updates daily. I'm in a stable phase, but just in case.

• Staff

@Badran  Thanks for reporting this. There is no 'corruption' with either Malwarebytes Premium or our Browser Guard. It is a miscommunication between BG and the UI and it's being looked into.

When you reinstall MB Premium, bear in mind the Browser Guard stats on the Real Time Protection card are not in 'real time'. There is a set interval for the check in (no, I don't know what that interval is) 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1