script add exception?

ymitech

I install Mbam and Remote Utilities on all my client's systems. Mbam just started blocking access to the server that makes the remote connection. This is a false positive, Mbam reports the system clean, I have reported the false positive. But to avoid this I will add an exclusion for the URL for that server. Rather than having to manually do this every time I install is there a way to script this? Is there a file that holds exclusions? Or probably a registry setting (these are windows systems)? 

FYI Which version of mbam gets installed varies by client depending on their needs.

1 minute ago, ymitech said:

But to avoid this I will add an exclusion for the URL for that server.

Looking at your other topic, it is the IP, not the URL.

-Website Data-
Category: Malware
Domain:
IP Address: 174.126.134.29
Port: 80
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

(end)

Porthos, but the block that mbam showed references both the url (it puts it under the "domain" heading) and also the IP. I need to exclude the domain because the very reason it's dynns url is because my internet service sometimes goes and I have to switch to my backup service, so what the url resolves to can change.

FYI it's not firefox but the RU service, rutserv.exe. I suppose I could exclude the program but I don't think that would accomplish preventing being blocked from contacting the server.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, ymitech said:

I suppose I could exclude the program but I don't think that would accomplish preventing being blocked from contacting the server.

If you have a setting in nebula similar to the following in the consumer version, that might work.

Allow an application to connect to the Internet

To prevent Malwarebytes for Windows from blocking an application you trust, add the application executable.

1. Click Allow an application to connect to the Internet.
  2. To find the application, click Browse.
  3. Select the application executable you want to add, then click Open.
  4. Click Done to confirm your changes.

2 hours ago, ymitech said:

Rather than having to manually do this every time I install is there a way to script this? Is there a file that holds exclusions?

7 hours ago, ymitech said:

Which version of mbam gets installed varies by client depending on their needs.

You can't script the consumer version.

Nebula you should be able to push out exclusions to endpoints.

Exclusions are not registry entries.