second free trial?

this is the first antivirus i have gotten for months or a year now because of how many reviews it has and people recommending it to me

installed it for the first tme
got a free trial

eventually it expired around september 12 i think
and then yesterday i got another free trial?

i searched this up and the only results were someone getting it after a program update

im still on 4.6.2 and from searching for updates the last one was in september 7

Hello @jaden2088 and :welcome::

The current release version of Malwarebytes for Windows is 4.6.2.281-CU 1.0.2131, and it was made available on Thursday, 07-September-2023.

A newer application version update may be made available soon. You may always check for release notices at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/301315-malwarebytes-46/

The premium free trial is ordinarily for 14 days before reverting to the free edition.

HTH

Edited by 1PW

You can be offered a trial more than once.

I've lost count but  think I've been offered somewhere between 15 and 20 of them in the past few years.

Usually it's just an offer which you can activate. (Sometimes, following a version update, the trial will activate automatically and you have to 'End Trial' on it if you don't want it).

It looks like you just fell lucky with timing and your first trial ran out only days before a new offer was made to everyone.

I've just opened my Malwarebytes Free here and it is indeed offering me yet another trial:
image.png.3ed9ebf6bf67c99dd6b4586e60aac076.png

Edited by nukecad