Our website was flagged for suspicious TLD

gorkem
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hello,

I run a 18+ forum which has the .club TLD:

Spoiler

digitalbakery.club

, and several users have mentioned they cannot use the site due to Malwarebytes blocking certain actions such as posting. This is one of the logs from our users:

DH: Added item to storage 
Object { site: "https://digitalbakery.club/forums/darkseal/post-thread", type: "scam", subtype: "phishing", date: 1688583205291 }
[19:56]
BTW: https://digitalbakery.club/forums/darkseal/post-thread is not in the white listed entries background.js:2:80034
BTW: suspicious request made to high risk TLD, possible phishing!

The console log also shown in the images, indicates this is due to Malwarebytes browser guard flagging it due to the TLD that's used in scam sites. The forum I run has no advertisements and is fairly small - could this please be looked at? There's also some sort of issue with it connecting to the Malwarebytes API which I don't understand, it's visible in console log image. Thank you.

image.png

9 minutes ago, gorkem said:

Malwarebytes browser guard flagging it due to the TLD that's used in scam sites

TLD blocks are only shown when users enable the following NON-DEFAULT setting in Browser Guard.  These will not receive any whitelisting. Users need to turn off that setting.

image.png.bd8805b857eb53090b8da0b3ec4c6b28.png
31 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just dug deeper.

image.png.688aa3256ab0f191c5b0efd0cd778f2e.png

@thisisu @Dashke

I don't use Browser Guard so I'm unfamiliar with what this means. We aren't using any advertising on the website, and that image actually just shows our domain, which is expected, I'd think. Does it think we are an ad, malware, or a scam because of our TLD or something else?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, gorkem said:

I don't use Browser Guard so I'm unfamiliar with what this means.

49 minutes ago, gorkem said:

and several users have mentioned they cannot use the site due to Malwarebytes blocking certain actions such as posting.

Your users are. So let's wait on the staff to address this.