Dissectology

NewTricks

On 9/10/2024 at 5:09 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

you almost have to sit down and finish now 😁

Yes, that's exactly right. I've gone daily, to my surprise and am "cookin' with gas." Bright sun in the afternoon is the key to success.

Rocker slats, lace tablecloth, lower basket. This has grown on me. I make little noises when I find key pieces and study the photo in bright light. 

RockinRocker.jpg

On 8/27/2024 at 5:57 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Could be fun as a team effort if you enjoy the company of those others

I hit the jackpot yesterday! I met a "sister puzzler." 💞 Two peas, same pod.

I've noticed little segments appearing and hoped it would continue. With her presence and help I've been able to make BIG progress on a messy area, the quilt draped over the arm of the rocker. The basket handle is now done. Tough stuff. I blatantly snooped in a nearby cupboard and found it is LOADED with puzzles of all kinds. 😍

Not bad for 3 weeks of work.

91324.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 3:41 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Always fun to share things together

Best of all, I'll see her again frequently.

This is the next "skool" puzzle. A bit on the Kodachrome side, but what can I expect? Thank you, Paul Simon.

I've already decided my "purist" days are over. Any pieces that are together, will STAY together.

0913241308.jpg

• Haha 1

We've been blessed with sunshine for almost 2 weeks straight. Hard to fathom! This is why afternoon is much, much better.

Mary was there today, but only for 10 minutes. I continued for almost 2 hours. When I'm on a roll, I keep going. Assembled quilt pile on left side, draped quilt now connected to the rocker, basket nearly complete and with great progress on the right.

I am beginning to wonder if I've gone off the deep end.

SandsCeiling.jpg

MondayRocker.jpg

• Like 1

Off to a strange start with 3 sides intact. The count for the top row is 40.

Presently, the bottom row looks and seems complete at 38. The additional piece shown has been overlaid against those 38 pieces, both right side and wrong side. Nothing amiss. I've searched for the 40th piece but haven't found it yet. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. 

I don't mind missing pieces, but I am confused about this particular scenario.

Last week, to get to my rocker puzzle, I walked 3 miles daily. A "loop" which included strenuous uphill sections. Since my physical conditioning class, muscles that never hurt before and talking to me now. My 14 days "streak" was broken Saturday.

KodakWednesday.jpg

• Like 1

My succulent puzzle mounting is finally done. I decided against the large glass frame: too heavy. I opted for stickier puzzle sheets, but that trashed my preferred method using hot glue to adhere to the foam core. Next time I'll lightly rough up the surface and do a double sided sticky tape.

The enclosed hangers were worthless-it fell an hour afterward, knocking off two pieces. The fix: threading string through the foam core with a large embroidery needle, now all is well.

Live and learn.

Succulents.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
replaced attachment
  • Like 1

I had an epiphany! Tested & confirmed-valid. 

On ribbon cut puzzles the number of pieces on the opposite sides are (usually) the same. 

BUT, not all ribbon cuts are uniform, therefore, the opposing sides should be equal dimensions, (inches/cm) as listed on the box. 

and THEY ARE! Long standing assumption busted. Ready to tackle this next week.

solution.jpg

• Like 1