Dissectology

NewTricks

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

TADA - Looks great

Thank you!  Don't mind if I DO SAY SO myself. I can pick up the top corners and lift it right off the surface. Woooo!

My apartment "decor" is lacking bright, primary colors, on purpose. This is a bit too, too. So, I think I'll put this in the puzzle closet for someone else to enjoy, or save for the next puzzle swap at the library, which is where I got it in the first place. 

Edit: Decided to put this into the stream of life. Hoping to pick out a new puzzle this week.

Edited by NewTricks
update

On the left: Next in the library. Life returns to equilibrium.  I have this image on a calendar in my kitchen.

On the right: a community puzzle at my Doctor's office. Today I worked on the sky above the rocks. This is hard, not impossible. Before that, I started with the wave reflections on the right side.

SummerPuzzles.jpg

• Like 1

So much for assumptions. I am missing ONE perimeter piece and laid out all the remainder, feeling certain, I'd come across it. Then spent 30 minutes with a birds eye view, still didn't find it.

I'm not saying it's not there, I do recognize my skills have slipped. 🤨 Could it be true? has NewTricks lost her edge?!?!? 😢

0702240935.jpg

Topedge.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, after a little break, I'm back at it.

I found that last edge piece, and started to wrestle with a couple sections. Its tough but there's a rhythm. Struggle, struggle, struggle, Ah, one piece, two pieces, three pieces. Repeat.

I go slightly into autopilot when all the logic ends; blurred pieces together, high resolution together. Nope, nope, nope. Then without thinking, I turn a piece 90 degrees. Yep!

This should last all summer and into the fall. I found a couple courses that interest me, so this will be the appetizer or the dessert.

Succulents_progress.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good news! I found my mustard seed this morning and made headway. It could also be due to my lucky fuchsia hat.

This is a "winter collection" from XO. Someone got their seasons mixed up. It's lightweight, and holey, perfect for summer. I got it in 6 colors.

Wednesday.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
removed photo
  • Like 1

The ultimate in multi-tasking: walking uphill .75 miles to finish this puzzle in a medical office.  (Steps + heart rate)

Early morning before office hours or late after office hours is perfect. Three times this week did the trick. This one was nice because every piece was different, like the colored pencil puzzle.

ButterflyBliss.jpg

• Like 1