Action after power loss

Just had a momentary loss of power in the whole house. Both my PC's restarted automatically as the loss and restore was almost instantaneous. My wife's PC (Win10) is running MB 4.5.26 and Malwarebytes came back normally with no errors when the internet was restarted. The modem and router both had to restart also.

I'm running 5.0.7.55 and Win 11. When my PC restarted I got 2 error popups from MB. Realtime protection was off and did I want to turn it on and other protection was also turned off. I clicked to turn on realtime protection and then opened MB. This PC showed protection was "weak". I checked settings to see that Malware and PUP protection was turned off and I could not move the button to turn it on. I rebooted the PC and on restart it was now turned on and everything with MB seemed to be working. The note under This PC says Your protection is "strong". All items resolved.

Since both PC's showed different reactions to the power loss pertaining to Malwarebytes I'm posting this to see if what I got was normal or if something with version 5 might be glitched. I understand the popup notifications might be normal but not being able to turn on Malware and PUP protection without doing another restart didn't seem right. I'm not sure running any log at this time might not do any good as everything after the restart seems to be normal.

• Root Admin

Thank you for the feedback @Phxflyer

Can you please gather some logs from that computer.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

Ok. Ran the support tool. After uploading this I opened it out of curiosity. Although I don't know what you need to look at, I was a little stunned to see it says I'm running Win 10 Home. I've been running Win 11 since it came out and it's up to date. Hmmm???

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by Phxflyer
comment after reading the results

Just a side note. When I left my house an hour or so later, saw an APS (power company here in Phoenix) truck in the alley behind our houses working on the power lines. I never expected the power to go out but this is just a "phew" glad I wasn't doing a BIOS update! It was only out for a second or two but long enough to have bricked my PC. I guess you never know for sure. I have a Gigabyte motherboard with a dual BIOS but who wants to test and see if that will work.

Edited by Phxflyer