False positive - SCR Calculator (App in Windows AppStore)

programmer1

Hello,

I am the developer for the new App "SCR Calculator" (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P59CMDTKFXB).   I used code obfuscation to protect the source code; and I believe that's why your software detects the App as "Machine Learning/Anomalous 100%" every time and quaranteen it.

The App has been vetted by Microsoft and is in the store, so you can be convinced it is Virus free. Could you please put it onto your whitelist?

Many thanks,

image.thumb.png.12792aeb7ffbf202361013a6694db797.png

image.png.d040e468dda9ddbab4f8e7f39b6f7cc1.png

2 hours ago, programmer1 said:

This 'virustotal''s conclusion might not be the same as Microsoft itself

The screenshot is Windows Defender detecting your app and deleting it.

My post is just a heads-up to you who detects your app. You are free to ignore the results if you wish.

Porthos: Thanks again! I believe another point is that there is a difference between a signed and unsigned app:

- The .exe file that I attached to this forum is my unsigned dev version of the app; and it causes such an error.

- Once I submitted it to the Microsoft AppStore and sign it, then the Microsoft signed version automatically passes those tests, I suppose?