Version 0.72

Ummm, I just updated from .71 to .72, defs were also updated to 200.

However, after the install, I let the installer run MBAM, and then ran the update again just to check - and it went into a loop, trying to continually update itself (so if you see an IP that seems like it is hammering, it ain't me - just the program going screwy).

Of course, to make it worse, I only noticed the looping after I started a manual scan, and saw 2 taskbar items - and upon clicking one I get he scan window and upon clicking the other I continually get the dialog box saying I already have the latest version.

I'll try again after closing the program and then opening it my usual way, as opposed to letting the installer do it. (I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen if I manually run it).

post-1810-1195013285_thumb.png

post-1810-1195013285_thumb.png

OK, checked - it still does the same. At least this time I didn't minimize the main window so I could hit enter and then click the exit button on the main window before the dialog box came back :angry:

Uninstalling it now...oh, let me open email to get the link to download it too :P

not like before - the definitions are updated - but after updating and giving me the dialog box that I have the latest, when I click OK the taskbar entry remains open, and another dialog box pops up - saying the same thing.

This only happens when I click the update button in version 0.72 - it does not start doing this by default.

Sorry, nosirrah, I didn't expect any responses - Ducky said he'd take a look at it tomorrow.

BTW, I tried it again - if it updates the database, then the dialog comes up, you click the OK box and all is well. But if you try to update and you already have the current version, then it goes into it's crazy loop.

Currently I have defs v 201.

I'll give it a shot - but I am not sure what exactly I am looking for - only thing I can see I have changed is that I installed Spybot S&D....every thing else on my computer is as it was before....I think.

Let me double and triple check that to make sure....

Doing that, it obviously could not find a db, and had to download. Again, same as before - on a successful update, the looping does not occur.

But, upon updating when I already have the current db, I get the looping start. However, the looping is not *automatic*.

When I click OK the first time acknowledging that i have the latest database, the dialog disappears, and I am left with a 'ghost' taskbar entry for Updating MBAM - but if I click on that entry, the dialog box comes back telling me I have the latest version - and keeps coming back after I press the OK button.

I'll try screen captures or a small video if I need to illustrate further.

Also, the other change I made was to stop letting CCC (ATI Catalyst Control Center) auto start via WinPatrol. I have since re-installed ATI drivers, and CCC is starting again, but to no avail - this problem is still occurring.

Hi Marcin,

Vista Home Premium.

Updated - Uninstalled 0.70 and installed 0.72 (missed 0.71) d.b. 200

Saw the reference in this thread to d.b. 201 so ran update. Appeared to run normally and dialog stated had successfully updated from d.b. 200 to d.b. 200

Closed mbam, removed rules.ref and launched mbam. Ran update when prompted which stalled with error code 711.

Not sure what is going on, please ask if you need more detail.