accicons.exe

Francis

Hope I'm not breaching protocol by jumping in on the conversation, but I'm having the same issues with pretty much all of the Office 2003 files located in C:\Windows\Installer\{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9} as of database 3047. This is a fresh install of 7 Ultimate x64 and I know the files are clean. I'm attaching the full contents for your examination (had to divide in 2 parts due size limits).

Regards.

Part1.rar

Hello, I am experiencing this problem as well.

Notice of Trojan.FakeAlert started today with first quickscan using database version 3047.

c:\Windows\Installer\{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}\accicons.exe

After selecting to quarantine and full shutdown and restart same message, same directory, but with the executable file wordicon.exe.

Looking forward to finding out what is up and if this is a problem or false positive. Don't mean to interrupt the conversation, but if I can help in anyway with upload, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi,

In windows 7 with MS office 2003, i received 3 programs that were spotted as malware:

outicon.exe ref#25835

misc.exe ref#69684

xlicons.exe ref#71163

wordicon.exe ref#79205

since then, all my MS office icons have disappeared. Eset Nod32, didn't pointed out those files

so I am wondering if they aren't malware in the first place. They are in quarantine at the moment.

I would be more than happy to help out to verify that it has been corrected, but unfortunately I don't have MS Office of any sort on my computer, so of course I haven't gotten any MBAM protection alerts. :)