Malwarebytes won't run/ cannot locate mbam.exe

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this...

But my malwarebytes won't run. My computer states that it is searching for mbam.exe everytime I try to start it. I've renamed files when possible, but since I cannot locate mbam.exe I cannot rename this file.

I believe my computer is infected with Malware but the only problems I can see are random internet pop ups and redirecting me to random pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this...

But my malwarebytes won't run. My computer states that it is searching for mbam.exe everytime I try to start it. I've renamed files when possible, but since I cannot locate mbam.exe I cannot rename this file.

I believe my computer is infected with Malware but the only problems I can see are random internet pop ups and redirecting me to random pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue. The mbam.exe file is deleted by the malware before I can run mbam.exe. I am trying to fix my brother-in-law's PC, so I ended up driving home to install malwarebytes on my own clean PC. I then renamed the mbam.exe file to Helpme.exe and burned it to a CD along with another copy of the file that I named Helpme.com. Now, I am back at my brother in law's house getting an error about a windows/system32 .dll file named something like mvs60.dll. The error states it is not a valid windows image. I have a macbook that I can bring with me to my brother-in-law's house, but unfortunately I cannot download any PC fixes to this macbook because of OS compatibility issues. I do not have a copy of hijackthis on my brother-in-law's PC, my flash drive or the disk that has the mbam.exe file on it. How do I get rid of the dll error that is preventing the malwarebytes program from running? I am almost ready to reformat his hard drive and call it a day.

Thanks for any help

• Root Admin

Hello Needhelpnotaguru, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.