(was) Unable to install MalwareBytes 4.5.8 update

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

There is one old setup file that we should delete, it is on the Downloads folder.

Delete mb4-setup-consumer-4.5.8.191-1.0.1666-1.0.53967.exe

Next, to  simply collect history and logs:

• In your Downloads folder, Launch the mb-support-1.8.7.918.exe 
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

You are very welcome.  😀 Allow me about 30 minutes or so, I will send you a new note to do one new data collection. I would like to collect the setup logs and history.

But do know you did very well.

-------------------------------------------------

You need new logs FRST and RSIT ?

Security housekeeping:
1. Press & hold  the Windows key on keyboard & then tap the R key   to open the Run box-window.
2. Type

appwiz.cpl

and tap Enter.
The Programs and Features window will appear.   Locate on the list "Java 8 Update 191".

Do a right-click on it.  Then choose Uninstall.   Let it proceed.
Locate on the list "Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 191".

Do a right-click on it.  Then choose Uninstall.   Let it proceed.

Exit Programs and Features, when done.

• This computer has the latest Malwarebytes version, Malwarebytes version 4.5.9.198. There are some adjustments I suggest to apply.

Launch Malwarebytes for Windows.
NOTE: Your current security status displays on top of the main dashboard. If additional actions are required to improve your overall security, this section displays a warning message.

Suggested adjustment:
Cick the gear-like Settings icon on the top-right bar.
On the General tab
look down to "Manual scan performance" impact
click the selection "Manual scans take less priority ( less performance impact"
en Francais ""Les analyses manuelles sont moins prioritaires""
When finished, Exit Malwarebytes.

• For Windows 10 Operating system: This build is very much out of date with Microsoft.

I would highly suggest to insure that this pc is all up-to-date with security updates & cumulative upates on Windows. select the Windows Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update . and click Check for Updates.
Have much patience.

• For Windows 10, make a new Restore point. That is a security measure. You may use the guide at Tenforums

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4571-create-system-restore-point-windows-10-a.html

• We can proceed with cleanup of tools we used.

To remove the FRSTENGLISH tool & its work files, do this. Go to your Downloads folder. Do a RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH.exe & select RENAME & then change it to

UNINSTALL.exe

Then run that ( double click on it) to begin the cleanup process.

Delete FRST64.exe on Downloads folder
Delete mb-support-1.8.7.918.exe
Delete mbst-grab-results.zip on the Desktop.

Delete RSITx64.exe
Any other download file I had you download, you may delete.
Consider using PatchMyPC, keep all your software up-to-date - https://patchmypc.com/home-updater#download

Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware.

I am marking this case for closure.
I wish you all the best. Stay safe.

One additional request, please. For each open Support Ticket that you have with Malwarebytes support help desk, for each ticket that was about the upgrade install, send each a new Reply to report that the install issue is resolved.
Sincerely.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to (was) Unable to install MalwareBytes 4.5.8 update

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you