Mbam won't update, "not responding"

Edit: It's updating fine now, must've been Comodo :lol:

(Original problem: Mbam wouldn't update, said not responding. Had used mbam clean, still wouldn't work).

@ Firefox

Just checked, that's not the problem, they aren't on work offline. Thank you though :lol:

@ Jacktivity, since I see you are reading this, this is the computer that you and Mystery were trying to help me with with the Comodo internet security.

Hi Mountaintree16,

I'll bet Comodo is blocking the update. The protection in that program can be pretty heavy handed unless you configure it right. Wait until you get Comodo out of there to do the MBAM update. Comodo CAN be configured to run with MBAM, but since you are taking it out anyway, why bother with all the headache.

Hi Jacktivity :lol:

Thanks for responding :lol:

Well, at the time Comodo wasn't running in the background, at last not as far as I could see, when I was trying to update Mbam.

Do you know if when running the antivirus scanner from Kaspersky, should I disable Windows Defender? If so, do you know how to do it? I meant to ask Exile, but I forgot. He didn't mention anything about it so I assume I don't need to worry about it. I just don't' want any conflicts in removal in case it does detect anything. Reading around the forum, I have seen that sometimes windows defender can interfere with removal of the nasties.

If you aren't sure what Kaspersky tool I mean, heres the link:

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/

Do you know if when running the antivirus scanner from Kaspersky, should I disable Windows Defender? If so, do you know how to do it? I meant to ask Exile, but I forgot. He didn't mention anything about it so I assume I don't need to worry about it. I just don't' want any conflicts in removal in case it does detect anything. Reading around the forum, I have seen that sometimes windows defender can interfere with removal of the nasties.

If you aren't sure what Kaspersky tool I mean, heres the link:

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/

I know what you are talking about and for the life of me I cannot get Windows Defender to even start to give me any headaches - and I've tried to because of the posts I've been seeing. It used to take up way too many resources when a scan was active on one of my OLD machines that was only a 1.3Ghz processor. I haven't even had that problem any more since I got a couple of new machines. My vote is not to worry about it, but if you want to disable it anyway, open it up and go to Tools -> Options and turn off Use Real-Time Protection. Then do a reboot so that any running services/processes will terminate correctly and not restart.

To Jacktivity and Firefox:

Mbam is updating just fine now! (Had to have been Comodo, hehe)

The quickscan was clean, woohoo! :lol:

Thanks for your help :lol:

Jacktivity:

No viruses were found, so of course no conflict with Windows Defender :)