URGENT! New Malwarebytes user, need to know if I have a virus...

I downloaded MB this morning from CNET -- the free version -- and went to work as normal and shut down my laptop. Now I have turned it on and a popup bubble appeared bottom right of the task pane saying "Windows has Blocked some Startup programs and needs permission to run" or something along those lines.. screenshots are attached...

Please help me -- I need to know URGENTLY if my O/System is at risk, or if this is just MB doing its job. In addition to MB I d/loaded spywareBlaster, which I was advised to do by someone on this forum, search my posts to see my other thread.

I would really appreciate advice as my files are VITAL to my work..

Boot image shows the icon bottom right of my taskbarpost-22699-1256140031_thumb.jpgpost-22699-1256140040_thumb.jpg.. and the sys config images post-22699-1256140046_thumb.jpgattached show how MICROSOFTpost-22699-1256140051_thumb.jpg security services have been STOPPED post-22699-1256140056_thumb.jpg-- please help VERY URGENT

thank you in advance, I really need help and ADVICE of what is happening

D

Hi Diazafan

That certainly doesn't seem normal, but maybe for your computer it is?

Are you running Vista?

Also, this post should probably be in the PC Help or the General Malwarebytes Anti-Malware forum.

I'll PM a staff member to see if they can move it, RogueNet is not really the right place for it :)

Unfortunately I don't really have the answer for you; I don't know a whole lot about computers yet, but I'm trying to learn :)

Most of those Microsoft services you list never run at startup. If you want to check whether a service has been disabled or not click on the Start Orb in the lower left of your taskbar and select Run. In the run box type services.msc and press Enter or click Ok and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt. The default settings for most Windows services are the same in XP as they are for Vista so you can use this page as a general reference for how they should be set. But looking at the screenshots, they all look quite normal to me :) .

As for Windows blocking MBAM, this is a known issue that will be corrected in the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. In the meantime you can correct it by downloading, unzipping and executing the file in this post and rebooting your machine.

If you need anything else just let us know.

Most of those Microsoft services you list never run at startup. If you want to check whether a service has been disabled or not click on the Start Orb in the lower left of your taskbar and select Run. In the run box type services.msc and press Enter or click Ok and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt. The default settings for most Windows services are the same in XP as they are for Vista so you can use this page as a general reference for how they should be set. But looking at the screenshots, they all look quite normal to me :lol: .

As for Windows blocking MBAM, this is a known issue that will be corrected in the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. In the meantime you can correct it by downloading, unzipping and executing the file in this post and rebooting your machine.

If you need anything else just let us know.

Exile360 -- Thank you so much -- I think its just the MB that Windows has blocked at startup -- Its just I had a nasty virus recently and lost all my files and am petrified of this happening again. In fact when I click on "run disabled programs" it was only the MB on the list, so yes you are right. I am satisfied. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help