AVG 8.5.422 Find malwarebytes as a trojan

Hi,

Today my AVG 8.5 was running a scheduled scan and it found Trojan Horse PSW.Banker5.ZOY in C:Programdata/malwarebytes/malwarebytes'Anti-Malware/Mbam-setup.exe

I did the following instructions I found in this post.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

When I try too install the latest version AVG blocks it reports the same trojan in the download.

Can any one tell me what's going on?

Thanks

Hi,

Today my AVG 8.5 was running a scheduled scan and it found Trojan Horse PSW.Banker5.ZOY in C:Programdata/malwarebytes/malwarebytes'Anti-Malware/Mbam-setup.exe

When I try too install the latest version AVG blocks it reports the same trojan in the download.

Thanks

I too get an alert when attempting to download Malwarebytes from CNET. I am using AVG version 8.5 Small Business Server Edition (not the free version).

MalwarebytesTrojanDetectedOnDownloa.jpg

I tested this out on an XP computer using AVG Free. Tried to download from CNet and after the download was complete, my AVG caught the file.

Also just so you know, I also tried to download from MajorGeeks and get the same thing.

Windows XP SP3 All updates

AVG Free Version 8.5.422 (DAT ver: 270.14.21/2445)

Getting similar error

errormbamavg.th.jpg

Its not just Malwarebytes though, various temporary files coupled with Avast! have been listed as infected with the exact same virus by AVG. Its odd that these installation programs and anti-virus programs are all being listed as infected when neither of them has found anything negative about one another.

Attached is a screenshot of AVG's log file. The actual file is saved in an odd format that the uploads server dosn't seem to care for. Looking to any and all further information AVG can provide in regards to this.

post-21615-1255968878_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Thanks

If anybody figures it out I'm having the same problem, did everything that was said to and now when I try to download it I get the red block of death.

Seems something has happened to AVG today and I found this forum Googling 'PSW.Banker5.ZOY'. Earlier on, there was no results but now Google has a few.

Does the malwarebytes setup use Inno Setup?

I have found that AVG has started treating Inno Setup and a setup I made with Inno Setup as containing PSW.Banker5.ZOY trojan. But has only happened today.

Its not just Malwarebytes though, various temporary files coupled with Avast! have been listed as infected with the exact same virus by AVG. Its odd that these installation programs and anti-virus programs are all being listed as infected when neither of them has found anything negative about one another.

Attached is a screenshot of AVG's log file. The actual file is saved in an odd format that the uploads server dosn't seem to care for. Looking to any and all further information AVG can provide in regards to this.

Do you mean you are running Avast and AVG at the same time?

Multiple Antivirus Apps on One PC? http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/null/39904

Clash Of The Antivirus Apps http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/ar...38s07/38s07.asp

Well I went and downloaded new version 9.0.686 of AVG Free Edition.

Did an update to DB version 270.14.22/2446 (which is one update newer than before)

and now it works just fine. The download does not get tagged.

Maybe AVG fixed it already. Try and update your AVG and see if it fixes it, if not then just do like I did and download version 9.

Yes, there is now an AVG update and, having updated, the problem is gone.

But those banker trojans sound a bit frightening. And the threat is growing, CNet says: "The huge amount of Trojans in circulation is due to the spectacular increase in the number of banker Trojans aimed at stealing user data." http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10363373-83.html