2 Simple Changes That Would Go A Long Way!

ItsNews2Me

After using MBAM for a whole 3 days (although I'll NEVER be without it again!), may I suggest the 2 following additions to the "paid" version:

1) A "log" (.txt file?) kept in the MBAM folder ... or better yet ... an additional tab added to the MBAM interface that could be viewed to see what "infected" sites had been visited in any browsing session (or maybe within any calendar day?) - including the time, date, and web address of the attempted access. As it is now, a warning window pops up, which only contains an IP address - which really isn't enough. A simple "reporting" or "history" file would be a much welcomed addition.

2) After MBAM is running, if you "mouse-over" the MBAM icon in the tray, all you see is a balloon displaying the title of the software. Why not be like many other applications and make the mouse-over "USEFUL" by adding a second or third line below the software title???

For instance ...

In "Line 2" have the second line display the last time and date the user updated the MBAM database. (see example graphic below). This way, launching the progarm or right-clicking on the icon and choosing "Check For Updates" would NO LONGER BE NECESSARY, and it would prove to be a real time-saver!! ... also resulting in less "requests for updates" traffic on your server too!!

sample-tray.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for purchasing MBAM, ItsNewsToMe!

I purchased it myself in mid-June after using the free version since March and I too will never go without it again!

I asked a similar question about the IP logs a while ago, and this is the answer I got from GT500 :D

Log files are in the following locations:

Windows 2000 & Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Windows Vista & newer:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Just look for the one from the date you want, and you'll find the lines with the blocked IP pretty easily.

Did that answer your question about the IP logs? :D

As for the second question, I'll let a developer and/or a staff member answer that one :)

Also, just as a side note, when replying, please click "add reply" at the bottom of the thread or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read. :)

... I asked a similar question about the IP logs a while ago, and this is the answer I got from GT500 ...

Thanks for the reply!

Still, there should be no reason not to have access to this folder from the MBAM interface.

Oh well, I'll just create a shortcut to it.

I hope the mouse-over function will be improved though.

Cheers!

@ ItsNews2Me

You are very welcome!

Perhaps they will make IP log access from within the MBAM interface a feature in a future version release.

I think that this is a good idea too.

A shortcut sounds like a good fix for you for now though!

Once again, welcome to the forum and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help or assistance with anything, there are many, many helpful and knowledgeable people here on the forum. Staff members, volunteers, and regular members :D

Perhaps they will make IP log access from within the MBAM interface a feature in a future version release.

I think that this is a good idea too.

I do know some interface changes are in the pipeline and will eventually arrive on your desktops. :) Believe me, we do listen to your comments. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I do know some interface changes are in the pipeline and will eventually arrive on your desktops. :) Believe me, we do listen to your comments. Thanks!

Seriously I don't care. MBAM is great!!!! However seom interface changes would be nice. I am a sucker for graphics. However graphics don't make teh program. It's the quality. Its not about quantity, its quality. MBAM has teh best definitions up to date!!!! ITS BETTER THAN NORTON!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! Norton only finds cookies!!!!