Re-installing Malwarebytes using the Mal.-Support-Tool lost my licence

Hi,

today I had a strange behavior using the Malwarebytes Support Tool - I found a solution - but maybe there might be a problem that affects other users as well...?

If you want to dig deper I will send you all I got.

#

I decided to uninstall Malwarebytes using the M.-Support-Tool and reinstall it again.

During the uninstall or install I lost my licence...

grafik.png.31216a668698f52e5c5bc163fdd6b8ea.png

usally my licence get´s somwhere on the desktop at this stage, but nothing appeared...

grafik.png.ecdf892d17eb5bd970ed4a4310a76e42.png

after that, I had Malwarebytes without my licence - the free version appeard

I did a clean reinstall again, my licence was not there anymore...

grafik.png.ac4de28572420ced4e50eeed02d9c94a.png

At the end, I found my licence key in my old e-mail from the year 2014 - just to let you know, that something went wrong, and maybe you want to look at it.

(the "hghg.txt" is the first "mbst-clean-results.txt")

mbst-clean-results.txt hghg.txt mbst-grab-results.zip

• Root Admin

Hello @FetzBox22

I'll report this to the team, but normally the license would get backed up and as long as there were no hardware changes and you reinstalled again on the same system it would auto activate on reinstall.

If this is from a license back from 2014 then it's possible there was an issue in your My Account page with the license?

I'll see what the team says but we may need you to create a Support Ticket to check on this further.

Thank you

5 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

normally the license would get backed up and as long as there were no hardware changes and you reinstalled again on the same system it would auto activate on reinstall.

If this is from a license back from 2014 then it's possible there was an issue in your My Account page with the license?

there is no hardware change,

I have never used the My Account page...

I created a new account, once I entered my licence key, it said: "allready registered" - I think this might be because of the e-mail I used back in the day´s...?

- I don´t use this e-mail adress anymore.

and I don´t get the point at using the My Account page - everything is working fine... what would be the benefit?

• Root Admin

If you ran into issues in the future with licensing you could manage it on your own without having to contact support.

Up to you, no one is going to force you to use it. It's there for your own value.

If all is working well and you're happy then we should be done. Thank you for your feedback on the reinstall

Cheers