Itunes randomly attempting outbound connection to findresults.site

Go to solution Solved by Kingofkod,

• Solution

Hey ok I think I figured out what it was.  An old podcast I hadn't listened to in ages was redirecting itself to that site i think.  I'm guessing itunes was periodically trying to update the podcast feed and that's why it was tending to popup when I opened the program.  Here's a copy of the URL below and I've attached a copy of the malwarebytes prompt that happened when I tried to go to it in chrome.  If this sounds wrong or not likely then I'll keep looking around but I think this is it.

http://continuousplaypodcast.com/podcast/podcastfeed.rss

chromeDetection.txt

• Root Admin

Nope, that sounds very likely. Great job in tracking it down.

Depending on what you want to do you can set that link to ignore but I probably wouldn't advise it. If the podcast is important to you though you might want to see if it's hosted elsewhere possibly.

1 minute ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Nope, that sounds very likely. Great job in tracking it down.

Depending on what you want to do you can set that link to ignore but I probably wouldn't advise it. If the podcast is important to you though you might want to see if it's hosted elsewhere possibly.

I haven't listened to that podcast in years so it was an easy choice to remove it.  Plus it wasn't working which is what tipped me off something was wrong.  I assume either that domain or the podcast itself got compromised at some point in June when I started to get the popups but I have no idea how to investigate any of that.  Thanks for helping me along the way.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you