Trouble activating trial license on iOS, already activated on Win & Android

Raph81
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

Registered trial license on Android and Windows, no problem.  On iOS, the process is a bit different and when I try to register with "Restore purchase" I get an error that "Your account does not include Malwarebytes Privacy" "To get started add a Malwarebytes Privacy subscription"

Greetings,

As far as I know, the Restore Purchase option is only available when you've already paid for a subscription, not for the trial.  If you haven't used the 7 day trial yet, you should be able to activate it by clicking on Start your 7 day trial as described in this support article which I've also copied below:

To download and setup Malwarebytes Privacy:

1. Tap the App Store app_app_store_icon.png.
  2. In the App Store, search for Malwarebytes Privacy.
  3. Locate Malwarebytes Privacy and tap GET.
  4. Once the download completes, tap OPEN.
  5. Once the app opens, review our Privacy Policy.
  6. Tap Accept and continue.
  7. Tap one of the options below and follow the on-screen steps:
    • Start your 7-day trial: This option unlocks a free 7-day trial of Malwarebytes Privacy. After the trial period, your Apple account is charged if you continue to use the Privacy app.

If you still run into issues, please contact Malwarebytes Support directly via the web form on this page and they will respond via email, likely within the next few days depending on how many support requests are ahead of you (they are also lightly staffed on the weekends, so you may not receive a reply from Support until next week).

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

• Staff
  • Solution

@Raph81 You may start a trial from Malwarebytes.com/vpn, from the Apple app store, or the Google Play store.  The trial is available on 5 devices for 7 days on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.  

The restore purchase option on iOS is for purchases that were made thru the Apple app store.  If your trial was started from one of the other platforms then you need to ensure you have created a Malwarebytes Account and follow the "I already have a subscription" path.

Please see: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004151222-Malwarebytes-Privacy-for-iOS-guide