Adwcleaner quarantined items not appearing in quarantined tab

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

Recently I've done a scan with Adwcleaner and it detected 1 file that was dangerous so I thought I'd quarantine the file then delete it. But that wasn't the case when I went to the quarantine tab. It wasn't there! I clicked everywhere to see where it was, but still couldn't find it. I don't know where the file went but I hope my laptop is safe. The version is 8.2.0.0.0. I don't know where the file is but can anyone help me with this? I heard other people had this problem to but I didn't understand what the forum meant. Please explain it to me in a very easy and simple way as I don't know much about malware/viruses/etc.

On 4/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @DistantMemory

Can you please post back the log from AdwCleaner

Wait, I have 2 anti-viruses. Norton just blocked vfgrse.com even though I think the items has been quarantined. Is this bad? Please respond quickly. I need this help right now. It's been occuring way to much. And please don't make me use the Google Chrome Un sync and Sync again trick. I've done it before and it did nothing.

• Root Admin
  • Solution

Sorry for the delay. I was out sick on Friday.

The link that AdwCleaner found and removed was an entry as an extension in Chrome.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

PUP.Optional.SearchLock         madakpajlmcpaodhfbekojajlhbdklol

If you look in your Google Chrome extensions it would be listed if it was not removed by AdwCleaner

Blocking of the site

vfgrse.com

May or may not be related to that SearchLock extension

Please follow the directions from the following topic and let us know if that corrects the issue for you.

After you've cleaned up Google Chrome please get me some logs from FRST

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you