Error Code 732 (0,0) on update attempt

I'm unable to update Malwarebytes. Instead I receive Error Code 732 (0,0).

I've read several other posts on this topic and attempted to follow the suggested fixes with no luck.

Running XP 32. Mozilla FF. ZonePro Firewall, AVG 8.5.

Just a novice & not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please download TCPView from Microsoft at the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network. All you have to do is run TCPView, and then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and start the update. Watch TCPView to see if mbam.exe shows up in the list. It will be pretty obvious, because it highlights it in green.

I need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like:

mbam.exe:3656 TCP vista-x64:52135 cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http ESTABLISHED

Please download TCPView from Microsoft at the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network. All you have to do is run TCPView, and then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and start the update. Watch TCPView to see if mbam.exe shows up in the list. It will be pretty obvious, because it highlights it in green.

I need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like:

mbam.exe:3656 TCP vista-x64:52135 cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http ESTABLISHED

Hi!!

Just a short note to inform you that I have the same problem as the user above since yesterday!!

This is the the "Remote Address" that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to:

mbam.exe:968 TCP oem:3250 localhost:44080 ESTABLISHED

[system Process]:0 TCP oem:3250 localhost:44080 TIME_WAIT

My PC runs XP Service Pack 3 as OS, AVIRA ANTIVIR PREMIUM 9 as AV and Windows XP FIREWALL + WWDC (WindowsWorms Door Cleaner 1.4.1) as FIREWALL.

Waiting for your feedback!!

Cheers

Thank you GT500 for your quick response. While waiting, I logged onto the system as another user and was able to achieve the MBAM update. There appears to be an issue with my current set-up. After the successful update, I ran a complete scan. MBAM found 10 issues, which I then fixed. After, the updated MBAM scan and subsequent fix, I can now update with my regular user profile.

Thanks again.

... After, the updated MBAM scan and subsequent fix, I can now update with my regular user profile.

Yea, malware can cause problems with updating.

If you want an expert to check and make sure that MBAM caught everything, please follow these instructions (skipping any steps you are unable to complete) for posting in our Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum. If you cannot follow any of those steps, then please create a new topic in that forum explaining what happened when you tried to run each of the tools in the instructions, and the expert who helps you will be able to suggest steps to take to get the tools working.

In short I was unable to update Malwarebyte because AVIRA GUARD blocked Malwarebyte process.

So I added "mbam.exe" on the exception list of Avira Premium and now the Update works fine.

Yea, sometimes those web filters will act like a proxy, and MBAM will fail to update. Glad you figured it out. :)