Redirections

Hello @Markook:

Just to back track what is already known, I too logged into https://es.malwarebytes.com from a South American IP address in Sao Paulo, Brazil where I experienced a similar redirection for the requested Malwarebytes for Windows stub installer.  I too see the aged ~2 MB MBSetup.exe file via CNET being uploaded.

Noting from your other topic and the fact that your computer is already up and running the now updated release version of MB4, it is best if we wait for the official reply through @AdvancedSetup.

In light of the times we are living in, and our global location, please take extra special care of your health and we pray you get well soon Ron!

• Like 1

@AdvancedSetup Please do not investigate my case if u are not feeling completely well. The best thing u can do is to take care of your health, as @1PW said

(with this being said, i want to show something)

2b14c0a8c3fc922e8a47ec6c19ed02b0.png

Other antivirus started to detect the installer, anyways is other lesser known one.

I repeat: you do not need to investigate this if you are not completely well.

Anyways, 

We await your recovery. Greetings and good morning

6 hours ago, Markook said:

... i want to show something

2b14c0a8c3fc922e8a47ec6c19ed02b0.png

Hello @Markook:

It is very likely that @AdvancedSetup will require the Gather Logs output archive .zip file from the Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST) to begin a thorough analysis of the above issue:

1. On the system in question, please download the multi-purpose Malwarebytes Support Tool.

2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXX.exe to run MBST.

Some third-party AV products may make false notifications regarding MBST. Please ignore these warnings and continue.

You may be prompted by the Windows User Account Control (UAC) regarding allowingchanges to be made to your computer. Please click Yes to consent.

1. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and select Next.

2. Select “I don’t have an open Support ticket”.

3. The Advanced tab contains three (3) categories:

4. Only click the Gather Logs button. Please be patient. The process could take up to several minutes.

5. Upon successful completion, a Gather Logs notification window will appear. Select OK.

6. An archive file, named mbst-grab-results.zip, will have been written to the system’s Desktop.

7. Please attach the above zipped file with your next reply to this topic.

Thank you.

Hello @1PWin one of my past posted topic i said that i unistalled malwarebytes because i only used it to do a system checkup. And i dont understand why he will need the logs, the results from the newer antivirus are in virustotal, i dont use such antivirus.

Anyways if there exist a valid reason, i will do it

Hello @Markook:

Regarding the above, if you have never run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner or you have not run it recently, please consider running it now.

Then, even though MB4 may have already been uninstalled, the above mentioned MBST utility will still glean valuable data such as the highly valued FRST data and the results of running AdwCleaner.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello @Markook:

My replies to you were regarding the snippet from the notification of the Shelma trojan strain discovery you included in post #1429492

Careful analysis of that MBST gather can frequently assist in cleaning your system of hereto-for undiscovered malware.  If you would rather not post the archive we understand.  I would recommend you retain the archive as a historic record though.

Cheers