Trojan Virus on my PC and I am not sure if it is gone.

MoritzS
Go to solution Solved by kevinf80,

Hello, I have recently been alerted by windows security that there is a Trojan virus program on my pc and immediately downloaded malwarebyte to see if I can delete this file. I completed a scan and it singled out the trojan file and then prompted me to quarantine it which I did. I then went on to delete the file from the quarantine although I am not sure this was the right thing to do. Since then I have restarted and rescanned my PC countless times but have not gotten any reports of any new threats on my PC but am still really scared that there still might be some left. Therefor I decided I would completely wipe my HDD and SSD since I am not really sure what else to do and Reinstall windows 10 on my PC. If there is anything else I can do once my PC is done clearing and resetting everything and there is anyone willing to support me through this, it would be much appreciated

Thanks, Moritz

Hiya Moritz and welcome to Malwarebytes,

If you`ve wiped and reloaded windows you should be ok, to be sure run the following to check...

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin....

• Like 1

Thank you Kevin, I have run into another problem now as I am in the middle of resetting my pc and the percentage has been stuck at 10% for around 35 minutes and the HDD or SSD light (I am not sure for which the light is) is not blinking. Does this mean it is stuck and I have to restart it or does this process just take very long, because I am finding this to seem a little unusual.

I have restarted the process now but only clearing out the C drive (SSD) and not the H drive (HDD) because it wouldn't allow me to clear both andn the process is starting now again and is currently at 17%. Is there anything else I should do or can do since it will only be clearing the C drive (SSD).

Lets wait until your system install completes and see how it responds. I would also run a thorough AV scan that will check all hard drives, if your system drive was infected it is possible your other hd may also have issues. This type of scan may take a few hours but will be well worth doing...

I can give the instauctions later if you want...

• Like 1

Hi Kevin, The process has been completed and windows has been reinstalled, Now I have realized that my HDD drive is not accessible and when I try to access it, it says file needs to be formatted. Also I have downloaded malwarebyte once again and there seems to be no threats, PUP's or PUM's detected. What would you recommend me to do now in this situation. Thanks in advance, Moritz.

Ok thank you, I will try and get a donation out to you soon as I am thankful for your volunteering and helping others however it may take a while as I don't have a paypal account as of now. You mentioned the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool earlier  in the first comment, I was wondering if this would still be of importance and if I should use it, or if I am good to go now? Thank you!

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you