Education at home / Hi from a new member

steve jones

I live in the UK and my wife and I educate our 11 year old daughter ourselves - there is no dramatic reason why we took her out of school, but we love it. The Home Educating community here in the UK is fairly active, but the government don't make it easy! I believe it's actually illegal in some countries, and subsidised financially in others?

I live in the UK and my wife and I educate our 11 year old daughter ourselves - there is no dramatic reason why we took her out of school, but we love it. The Home Educating community here in the UK is fairly active, but the government don't make it easy! I believe it's actually illegal in some countries, and subsidised financially in others?

You should have access via the 'Home education community' for good information with this - Or your local council -

Sorry, but personally I was happy when they left for school - We both needed to work as well -

Hi all, nice to hear from you. I hear what you are saying Noknojon - most families can't afford to do it, and many are glad of a break from the kids come Monday morning! We are lucky because my wife and I both work part time with some flexibilty, so we can cope. It's frustrating in the UK because we get no support whatsoever but still pay all the usual taxes! Still, it's a choice we have made so suffer the consequences... :D