75% CPU usage spikes. Am I Infected?

Hi I was hoping you could help,

ReInstalled Focusrite audio drivers recently as I was having strange audio issues connected with the cpu/health of my pc. A video/all my audio would suddenly disconnect and I wouldn't be able to hear them, then nothing would load on my Pc, but youtube would look "loading", as if the page still worked. So I reinstalled them.

I have also had a boot issue, when I turn my PC on it hangs on the "Gigabyte -----" screen until I force restart it, then it will load up to win 7 loading.

Now I've been having the problem of my CPU spiking up to 75% for prolonged periods of time; 5 minutes.

Am I infected? How can I fix this? Thanks.

Threat scan + FRST logs below.

Addition_23-04-2020 23.03.35.txt FRST_23-04-2020 23.03.35.txt Mthreatscan.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @InfectedHelppls

The logs do not currently show signs of an infections. We can have you run a secondary antivirus scan just to double-check and ease your  concerns. Mostly just looks like your computer could use some good general cleanup assistance.

Please download and run the following Kaspersky antivirus scanner to remove any found threats

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Let me know if it finds anything or not

• Root Admin

Please do the following and we'll see how we can help clean up the system

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com and Submit Unknown Images
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right-click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

image.png

Provide System Specifications:

• Please download Speccy from here and save the installer to your desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
  • Double-click the file to begin installation and follow the onscreen steps to complete the installation and make sure that the checkbox next to Run Speccy is checked before you click on Finish at the end.
  • Once the program starts it will analyze your system, please be patient as it may take a few moments to complete.
  • Once it finishes and none of the areas say Analyzing click on the File button at the top and select Save Snapshot...
  • Save the file to your desktop and click Ok to confirm
  • Go to your desktop and right-click on the file you just created and hover over Send to and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Please attach the zip file you just created to your next post

NOTE: Due to changes from Avast please review the following installer settings

image.png

image.png

Why You Shouldn’t Download CCleaner for Windows Anymore
https://helpdeskgeek.com/free-tools-review/why-you-shouldnt-download-ccleaner-for-windows-anymore/

Here’s What You Should Use Instead of CCleaner
https://www.howtogeek.com/361112/heres-what-you-should-use-instead-of-ccleaner/

Avast (CCleaner, Speccy) Privacy Policy

Thanks

• Root Admin

You have a few minor issues but even fixing those I don't think would really help improve the performance of your system.

If you have the ability to obtain a new SSD hard drive, that would probably be the best bang for the buck. Then do a fresh install of Windows 10 onto it (I believe there are still tutorials on how to upgrade to Windows 10 free, but I've not tried myself for a while)

The minor fixes that I cold provide I don't think would really make all that much difference for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you