Yahoo hijacked default search engine in Safari

I've noticed that my default search engine in Safari has been changed to Yahoo and I can't change it back (I usually have it set to Google).  I'm running Malwarebytes Premium for Mac (I'm on a MacBook Air) and I've checked but it can't find anything....  I've noticed that sometimes this is linked to a corrupted version of Chrome and I've removed it and re-installed but no luck...

Please advise!!!

9 hours ago, CaptainTickle said:

I've noticed that sometimes this is linked to a corrupted version of Chrome and I've removed it and re-installed but no luck...

If you haven’t yet followed the instructions in the “Nuke Chrome” section of the reference @MAXBAR1 gave you, then you didn’t fully remove it.

@CaptainTickle & @TristanL If you have gone through all the applicable steps in that reference and are still unable to change your search engine, let us know and we’ll outline the next steps you need to perform to resolve the issue.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, gadawg225 said:

I'm having the same issue but with Firefox. Can you provide instructions on how to remove this from Firefox?

The instructions that @MAXBAR1 gave you above include instructions for all browsers. It should not be necessary to nuke Firefox though.