steppinwolf

LDPlayer.exe False Positive?

Hello. I downloaded and attempted to install a well-known Android emulator called LDPlayer on my Windows 10 laptop. Malwarebytes quarantined the installer ("LDPlayer_ens_3010_ld.exe"), but I believe this is a false positive. I scanned this file using Windows Defender after restoring from quarantine and no issues were detected. Installer and log are attached.

LDPlayer_ens_3010_ld.zip Malwarebytes LDPlayer false positive report 20191120.txt

Hi,

This appears to be a valid detection and not an FP. It's a PUP called Fusioncore. Detection will be adjusted to name this properly to PUP instead.

Thanks for reporting!

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the quick response. Support like this is one thing that makes Malwarebytes premium worthwhile. I'm going to exclude it for now and keep my fingers crossed that Fusioncore isn't too annoying lol.

Hi,

It's only the installer though. What it installs is totally fine (if additional offers are unchecked)

In other words, for Fusioncore: the installer might show additional install screens where it offers additional products, with as a result that these additional programs often end up installed as well (or changes to the browser/startpage..) if this is not unchecked during the install screens. 

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/adware-fusioncore/

Edited by miekiemoes

It's only the installer though. What it installs is totally fine (if additional offers are unchecked)

That's correct! I just excluded and installed LDPlayer installer and simply unchecked the optional offers. Thanks.