Searchmine

• Staff

Hi @JWN,

Please check our pin post >

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/236261-how-to-remove-weknow-malware-and-others/

By any chance if above doesn't help, may I ask you to log a ticket with our support team.

We might require additional information as troubleshooting logs, for that, provide us a system report created with the help of below article  (please don't post the zip file here)

Instead,  log a support ticket with help of below link and attach the file with the email
If you are having difficulty in creating ticket from our web form, simply write an email to support@malwarebytes.com

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email this morning again asking me to download a chrome removal zip file.  After entering the URL to retrieve the file, I received alerts saying that this was not advisable because it was likely a malicious site trying to get financial information from me, as a result I aborted the attempt and am trying to get additional information from Malwarebytes Staff. To date I still have SearchMine running my Chrome SE.  Still awaiting results and losing faith this can be done by your company.

I understood you created a ticket, but did you also submit the information requested in Post #2 above and did you receive an email on Friday? I'm not aware of a chrome removal zip file. Was it supposedly from Malwarebytes or some other entity?

Edited by alvarnell

• Staff

Hi @JWN,

The pop-up for the file download from website or cloud link is Generic. Read more >  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201940

I see you have been provided with box link to download an apple script which removes the chrome app and its preferences.

The script was created on basis of your troubleshooting logs provided.

Since it is provided via support email and download URL is associated with Malwarebytes, I would not worry to download them and run it.

Also, a response to support email is appreciated so that our representative would know the concern or updates you have with the script provided.

Thank you.