Error 1073

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Please try this: Un-install, clean tool, and re-install, and post back with your results please! Please do not check the box that says: "Start with Windows" (under the Protection tab) till you can perform 1 scan. Then check it, enable it. and please post back with your results... regards....

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Please try this: Un-install, clean tool, and re-install, and post back with your results please! Please do not check the box that says: "Start with Windows" (under the Protection tab) till you can perform 1 scan. Then check it, enable it. and please post back with your results... regards....

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

If you are confused, take rest so that your mind will be fresh & clear.

Take your own time. No probs.

Experts are here to help & guide you to resolve your problems.

Attachment space used 409.8K of 500K

Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space

I'm trying to ssend 2 attachments. When I first click on reply these are the 2 messages I see...before I've even uploaded anything. How do I clear this?

Thx

Attachment space used 409.8K of 500K

Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space

I'm trying to ssend 2 attachments. When I first click on reply these are the 2 messages I see...before I've even uploaded anything. How do I clear this?

Thx

If your trying to post logs, this is not the forum for it? You would save an attachment to your desktop, when you press reply Browse & look for it (on your desktop) then UPload it..Then scroll down to Add Reply.

Did the Un-install Clean tool, & re-install work ?? Please post back with an answer... regards..

If your trying to post logs, this is not the forum for it? You would save an attachment to your desktop, when you press reply Browse & look for it (on your desktop) then UPload it..Then scroll down to Add Reply.

Did the Un-install Clean tool, & re-install work ?? Please post back with an answer... regards..

No, it didn't work. I keep tryimg to upload 2 JPEG Screenshots, 1 is 225 KB and the other is 184 KB and this forum system won't allow it. I have no idea what the Attachment Space used 409.bK is being used?

No, it didn't work. I keep tryimg to upload 2 JPEG Screenshots, 1 is 225 KB and the other is 184 KB and this forum system won't allow it. I have no idea what the Attachment Space used 409.bK is being used?

+

In your Control Pantrol panel in the forum, go to Manage Your Attachments, 6-7 up from the bottom on the left side of IE8

If you have any pic's or attachments, they will be in there to delete

Something Else to try, Since removing & re-installing the program, has been a fix for several others...

It sounds like something is missing that the clean tool is expecting to see and that's why it is failing. If you can, try re-installing MBAM without any updates. Then go through the whole control panel - add/remove programs, uninstall, reboot, clean, reboot, re-install the latest version process

If it still fails, you can perform a manual deletion of the program but the clean tool is the preferred method so that you don't have to go into the Windows registry.

These directions are for XP32. Note that Vista and X64 file locations are a little different.

First delete the following three folders

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
  • C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Malwarebytes

and two files

• C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Then click on Start - Run and type in "regedit" without the quotes.

When regedit opens, navigate to the two keys below and right click to delete them:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

NOTE: Be very careful here. You don't want to delete anything else except those two keys or you may mess up your entire Windows installation to the point that it is unable to boot again.

When finished, reboot the computer and re-install the program and see if you are able to run updates.

Unless you think you have an infected PC -- Then we can go in another direction...regards

The reason I didn't do the "Something Else to try, Since removing & re-installing the program, has been a fix for several others...

It sounds like something is missing that the clean tool is expecting to see and that's why it is failing. If you can, try re-installing MBAM without any updates. Then go through the whole control panel - add/remove programs, uninstall, reboot, clean, reboot, re-install the latest version process

is because I've done the uninstalls, cleans, reinstalls, and reboots about every way that is imaginable.

Jerry

:)

Try 2 things please 1 un-install the mbam program! Download it again, when you start to install it, Under the Protection tab un-check the box that says: "Start With Windows" leave it unchecked. 2.Don't install any updates. Try for a manual quick scan. post back your results... then we'll or someone will take it from there... If we can't fix it here, you can put in a support ticket here: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/login... but give the above a try please & post back..

EDIT:10:47pm. When you follow the above instructions, after the un-install, do a re-boot weather it asks for one or not please! When you do the re-install of the program -- do a re-boot, even it your not asked by the program to do one! That seemed to work for another user! I'm still going thru files and past issues like yours. To get you up and running ok! So bare with me, I know its a pain... but its 1 small step that might make it work! (The re-boot lets the drivers settle, which was an issue in the past) post back and let us know please!