MBAM4 Bug ipv6 fail to connect

boombastik

After i shutdown my machine and then start it, with fast boot from windows 10 enabled the ipv6 fails to connect until i close malware bytes.

This problem don't exist with version 3.

Windows 10 last stable version 1903.

Windows 10 in uefi mode.

Intel LAN card I218-V with driver 12.18.9.10 and rss load balancing profile to numascaling.

I attached logs and photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hi @boombastik,

Thanks for reporting this. We'll be looking into this further with internal IPv6 tests.

To help troubleshoot:

I removed the version 4 but because i checked the most questions i will answer.

-Issue don't occur on restart.

-Issue don't occur if fast startup is disabled.

-I didn't test it.

-Its the same.

-My pc boot is at almost clean except a macrium reflect service and a creative sound card and i dont think that them has anything to do with the problem.

I do recall with one of the last 3.8.3.xxxx releases, I reported here on one of the Forums that there was clearly a IPv6 connectivity issue, which was soon fixed by I believe to be the last release version of 3.8.3.xxxx before the transition to 4.0.  And despite repeatedly forcing restarts on two Win7 machines, IPv6 connectivity is retained w/ 4.0.2.44...but, YMMV, I do get that.

6 minutes ago, the_hamster said:

I do recall with one of the last 3.8.3.xxxx releases, I reported here on one of the Forums that there was clearly a IPv6 connectivity issue, which was soon fixed by I believe to be the last release version of 3.8.3.xxxx before the transition to 4.0.  And despite repeatedly forcing restarts on two Win7 machines, IPv6 connectivity is retained w/ 4.0.2.44...but, YMMV, I do get that.

Whoa, let me correct that post by stating that it was in fact version 3.7.1.xxxx that was troublesome, and solved with 3.8.x beta

7 minutes ago, the_hamster said:

• 2 weeks later...

We've been developing new Web Protection technology, some of which was present in the Malwarebytes version 4 beta, though is not quite ready for release yet and is therefore not present in the recent release. We hope to be able to fully release this in an upcoming update. In the meantime, you shouldn't encounter any issues with IPv6 connectivity.