Tiergan

Video game titled "Hades" marked as ransomeware.

I downloaded and am playing a game called "Hades" that is installed via the Epic Games launcher.  Malwarebytes shutdown my game in the middle of play and flagged it as ransomware.  Doing a bit of googling, I found out there's actually some ransomware with the same name.  Attached the log.

hades_game_malwarebytes.txt

I can't. I suddenly don't have permission to zip the file. Did malwarebytes change my permissions when it blocked it as ransomware?

Is there no way at all I can tell Malwarebytes to unblock or whitelist it? 

Hi,

Just temporary disable the antiransomware component. You can do this via the system tray, right click the malwarebytes icon and select to disable antiransomware.

Then add the file to your exclusions:

* To add the exclusion, open Malwarebytes > Settings > Exclusions tab

* Below, click the button: "Add Exclusion"

* Then, select "Exclude a File or Folder" (this should be prechecked already by default)

* Click Next

* You'll see a field that says: "Specify a File or Folder" - there, click the button "Select Files..." and browse to the file you want to exclude.

* For "How to Exclude", select: "Exclude from detection as malware, ransomware or potentially unwanted item" (this is normally also selected by default already)

* Then click the OK button below.

Then reboot, as that unlocks the file again, so you can zip and attach it.

Then enable malwarebytes antiransomware again.

Here's the zip. Thank you.  The game is still in Early Access so it will be updating periodically.

Hades.zip

Thanks.

This is a false positive indeed - behavorial detection. This is whitelisted now.