I am using Malwarebytes for the las 3 years and everything went ok.

Now, with the last update versión 3.7.1.2839 I am having issues: after install this versión I get the message "Unable to connect the Service"; contacted the Malwarebytes support and I am waiting for an answer since 3 days, so I went back to an older versión to "stay protected" against malware.

If some one have the solution for this problema, I Will be gratefull.

Greetings,

The most likely cause is an entry in your system's Winsock from a third party program such as a proxy or VPN program as the latest version of Malwarebytes is incompatible with programs that use this now deprecated method of inserting into the network stack rather than the more modern WFP method.  If you have any such program(s) installed please try removing them and seeing if Malwarebytes is then able to activate properly.  Also note that this error message will return if the program causing it is reinstalled even after you have successfully activated Malwarebytes.  The Developers are investigating this issue and hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming release, but until then the only option would be to discontinue using the program(s) causing the issue or rolling back to the previous version of Malwarebytes.

If that doesn't resolve the issue or if you aren't able to locate the program causing it then please do the following so that we may take a look and try to find it for you:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Please let us know how it goes, and if necessary, please provide the requested ZIP file for analysis.

Thanks

You're welcome.

It looks like you're running a very outdated version of Malwarebytes so please start by installing the latest version.  To do so, please download the latest version from here and install it over your existing version, restarting your system if prompted to do so to complete the installation process.

Once that's done, go ahead and try activating the software with  your license key again and let us know how it goes and if you still receive any errors or not.

Thanks

The next thing I noticed is that you seem to have items from COMODO, Avast and Trend Micro on your system.  You should only have 1 antivirus installed at a time, so whichever one you are currently using alongside Malwarebytes, keep that one and remove the others.  The tool for cleaning each product may be found below.  Just download and run each one at a time for the products that you wish to remove:

COMODO Uninstaller
Avast Uninstall Utility
Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool

Restart after running each tool and once that's done, go ahead and see if Malwarebytes now works properly and let me know how it goes.

Thanks

You can ensure that Windows Defender is on as it works with Malwarebytes just fine.  To do so, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and under Windows Action Center select the option Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center then restart your system and Windows Defender should be active.

You can also try reinstalling the other programs you removed one at a time to determine which ones work with Malwarebytes and which ones do not.  It may also help to set exclusions for Malwarebytes in the other apps.  The list of items to exclude can be found in this support article.  You can also exclude them from Malwarebytes by following the instructions under the Exclude a File or Folder section of this support article to exclude your AV's folder(s) under Program Files/Program Files (x86) and C:\ProgramData.