Didn't recieve my licensing information yet

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings and welcome,

To get the fastest response please contact Malwarebytes Support directly via the form found on this page as they have direct access to the licensing system and should be able to lookup your license information for you.

In the meantime, please be sure to check your junk/spam folder(s) in your email to make sure that the license email wasn't moved there by your email provider by mistake.

If there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks

That's OK, just fill in the form (it uses a separate login/system from the forums here) and they will be able to contact you.

You can also try creating a login at My.Malwarebytes.com to see if your license info shows up there.  You can find more info on doing so in the following support articles:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1032

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1036

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264

OK, no problem.  If it doesn't show up soon, go ahead and contact Support via the form I linked to above and they'll get it sorted out for you for sure, but hopefully it's just taking a bit to process and will arrive soon.  In the meantime do you at least have the 14 day free trial running so that your system is protected?

Well its protected from the trial version and the windows defender. I wanted to put kaspersky on it but it took like 17% of my system performance so i switched to malwarebytes premium now and i also tested it with some batch files that were immediately recognized. :D

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 
Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3000Mhz 
Crucial M.2 SSD 1TB

Excellent, you should be fine then, but please do let us know if that license email doesn't show up within the next day or two.  I definitely don't want you to end up having to go unprotected for any length of time; thankfully the 14 day trial is fully functional so you get all the same protection/features as the fully licensed/paid version while the trial is active so you aren't missing any key protection features.

Nice system, I'm guessing you do some gaming ;) 

As you can see from my signature, my system isn't quite as good (especially with regards to the graphics card), but at 1080p it isn't too bad and I can run pretty much everything at max settings without falling below 60FPS.

Cool, well you definitely made a good choice in your CPU then.  Those extra cores/threads definitely help when doing anything super thread intensive that deals with production (like video/audio production, rendering tasks etc.).

Malwarebytes should serve you well.  It's pretty light on resources and if you ever take the system offline to do any particularly intensive work and want to shut the protection down, it can be done in a matter of just a few clicks (unlike many modern AVs, which often don't let you turn them off completely without uninstalling them).  I used to do a bit of video editing and since I wasn't surfing the net while doing so, I'd just disable my network connection then exit all my security software to free up as much of my system's resources as possible so being able to exit Malwarebytes from the tray and having it actually take all of its processes, services and drivers out of memory was very nice and once I was done I could just launch Malwarebytes again to turn everything back on then re-enable my connection and I was back in business to get back on the web.

Ah thank you very much :D

I also wanna ask you something @LiquidTension

As i said im doing music production in an audio programm named Ableton Live. Im using it all day but since i installed Malwarebytes it gives me an error message that it can't create temporary files, and the programm closes. I added the programm itself, the chache (where the temp files are located to) and the other local files to the exclusion list but it does nothing. I also turned off all security settings and tried it again but eventually it does nothing to it. Maybe Malwarebytes prevents the automatic creation of files in general or am i wrong?

It sounds like it's probably the Ransomware Protection component interfering with it based on your description.  That module isn't nearly as proactive as the other components in Malwarebytes and rather than attempting to prevent infection, simply monitors process and file activities in memory and on disk to look for ransomware infections that have already infected the system to stop them, hopefully before your files get encrypted.  Considering the fact that virtually all ransomware infections get onto systems through the use of exploits, the far more proactive Exploit Protection and Web Protection components (not to mention the Malware Protection component) are far more likely to stop any such attacks before they ever get to the point where the actual ransomware is downloaded and installed/executed on your system so you may safely disable it without greatly increasing your risk of infection.  In fact, I've kept that module disabled almost entirely since it was first integrated into Malwarebytes (due to past performance issues with that module; though most of those have now been resolved, and because I trust the other components to keep my system safe) so if necessary, you should be OK disabling it while using your program, assuming that module is in fact the cause of the issue.

You can also try excluding the program folder for your music application from Malwarebytes using the Exclude a File or Folder option and leaving the default option selected which excludes it from detection by all of the modules (which I believe you already did) and you can add the folder it is using for temp files to your exclusions, but for that one just select the Exclude from detection as ransomware only to see if that helps.  It may be necessary to also exclude the data folder used by the music application which is likely located somewhere under C:\ProgramData or under C:\Users\Your Username\Application Data or possibly both.

"You can also try excluding the program folder for your music application from Malwarebytes using the Exclude a File or Folder option and leaving the default option selected which excludes it from detection by all of the modules (which I believe you already did) and you can add the folder it is using for temp files to your exclusions, but for that one just select the Exclude from detection as ransomware only to see if that helps.  It may be necessary to also exclude the data folder used by the music application which is likely located somewhere under C:\ProgramData or under C:\Users\Your Username\Application Data or possibly both." 

Thank you but i already did that part. :D

OK, thanks.  Have you tried disabling the other protection components individually to see if that makes a difference?  If that doesn't help then you might try disabling the self-protection component by opening Malwarebytes and navigating to Settings>Protection and toggling the Enable self-protection module setting to Off under Startup Options as that could also be the issue.

Please let us know how it goes in your testing, both for the protection components and for uninstalling.

Thanks

Haha! I solved it! Somehow, Malwarebytes turned on all windows defender settings (including realtime folder protection) and since then i wasnt be able to save anything anywhere. So i turned that folder protection off now and it works perfectly with malwarebytes now! :D