• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hello @itsonlyme and :welcome:

If your Windows 10 installation is confined entirely to the C partition (default), a manual/scheduled Threat Scan is more than sufficient for a Malwarebytes 3 (MB3) Premium equipped system.  If only data/applications are stored on the second (and beyond) drive, that drive could be scanned with a Custom scan, but it is never required on a frequent basis, if ever.  As data and/or applications are read/written to/from other non-system partitions, MB3 Premium will monitor those transfers.

HTH

Reference: Malwarebytes for Windows User Guide

Edited by 1PW

Thanks for the reply!

Whilst Windows installation is indeed confined to the C drive, I download files to my D drive. 

I had checked out the custom scan prior to posting, but cannot for the life of me find anywhere where you can choose a drive.  Nor can I see it in the link you gave for a custom scan (which I had already read)

Could you please advise me where and how I can select the drive

Thanks

Hello @itsonlyme:

As a test:

1) Open MB3's GUI > select Scan from the left column > select Custom Scan near the middle of the pane > select the Configure Scan Button at the bottom of the Window.

2) In the new Custom Scan window, the pane on the right has the ordered list of drives "seen" by Windows 10 with MB3.  You may need to use the window's elevator bar to move to the bottom of the list where that system's D drive may be shown.  Or, you may stretch the window vertically to help view a long list.  Attached is a sample view.

Custom.jpg

Please let the forum know, in a reply, if this helped.  Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Hi itsonlyme,

After opening Malwarebytes > clicking Scan > selecting Custom Scan > clicking Configure Scan, the drive letter should appear in the box on the left as depicted below.
image.png.1188f6328c2e8317b136127108f2fb73.png

If the C drive is expanded, use the scroll bar down the right side of the box to scroll to the bottom.
image.png.f42e6101894155f2025bb611d01a15a3.png

If you're still unable to locate the D drive, please carry out the steps below to provide us with troubleshooting logs. 

YbWgqUx.png Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST)

• Please download MBST using the link below:
    http://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbst
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder or the location of the downloaded file.
  • Double-click YbWgqUx.pngmb-support-#.#.#.###.exe to run the program.
  • If prompted, place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next.
  • Click the Advanced menu on the left. Please do not click Start Repair.
  • Click Gather Logs.
  • Upon completion, click OK.
  • A file named HSPwQfy.png mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop.
  • Please attach the file in your next email reply.
Edited by LiquidTension

Hello @itsonlyme:

Yes.  You can schedule Custom Scans.  

All scans, including a Custom Scan, may be scheduled but only the Threat Scan is recommended.  (Once per week?)

The frequency of scheduled scans is left to your best judgement.  Remember, your system's MB3 Premium real-time protections are always guarding your system.  As I said above, data/applications are scanned in real-time as they are read/written.

Perhaps if a system has not had adequate protection for a long time, an initial Custom Scan may be warranted just after MB3 is installed.  Then, subsequent ROI is always determined by the user.  Please keep in mind the wear and tear experienced by all mechanical hard disk drives (HDDs).

HTH

Reference: Scheduling Scans

Edited by 1PW

OK, thanks. 

However, I still can't see where you can select a drive for a scheduled scan - not in the link you sent either. 

But I must admit that I never thought about wear and tear on a hard drive from a scan!  In that case I shall probably just set an infreqent reminder to do it manually.

Hello @itsonlyme:

Morpheus beckons.  

If you don't figure it out on your own, and if someone else does not post a procedure before I do, I'll post a Custom Scan schedule entry procedure later.

It's only a bit different from the sole recommended scheduled Threat Scan procedure.

Thank you.

Thanks.

OK, I went through it again and this time it shows the drives in the customised section!!   I did have another problem previously, which I fixed this morning (answer in somebody else's post), but cleaning and reinstalling, so I am guessing that that section was broken too.  All is working now!

Thank you so much once again