Infected and then problems with Chrome

dwashba

Hi, thank you for helping me in advanced.

I had noticed slowdown and so I ran Malwarebytes and found I was infected. All of it was surrounding Chrome. Most of it was in an extension folder "lipgolpfajiadodbcbljdpmbmbdmfcil". Plus Secure Preferences. I quarantined the files and it seemed like things were OK, but since then upon opening Chrome explorer.exe would freeze and sometimes I am getting just a black screen after a while. I uninstalled Chrome, but I think the problem extends to other browsers built on Chromium. I tried opening the Avast "secure browser" and that froze similarly.  I'm using IE right now, and it seems to be fine.

I've attached a FRST scan. Hope that's enough info.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please run MBAM and delete all the entries that are listed.

===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Now that you have cleaned all entries found by Malwarebytes and have run this fix let me know what problem  persists.

fixlist.txt

It doesn't seem to have been fixed. I installed Chrome, and it froze as soon as it launched. I didn't mention it before, but I have been having this problem as well. CTL+ALT+DEL has not been working. I've been getting the error below. This started the same time as Chrome stopped working. Malwarebytes also opened and started scanning when I was installing Chrome, and it's been really slow in the memory stage of the scan, if that indicates something.

Thanks!

IMG_20181228_091937341.jpg

Hi,

Malwarebytes was possibly compromised while you were installing Chrome the first time.

Download and run their removal tool.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Do not reinstall just yet, just restart the computer.

Check it you can use the CTL+ALT+DEL

If all is well and Chrome working properly then you can re install MBAM.

Keep me posted.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks