Generic Audio Driver

ItzHype64

OK, good, that's the one.  So did you want to try that one first to see if everything works OK, or did you want to roll back to an older version to try and get the HD Audio Manager back?  Do keep in mind that unless you were specifically using it for some special function, the tray/manager interface didn't do anything to make your sound work better or anything.  It was just an interface for some of the advanced functions of the driver (like surround sound etc. if you have a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound setup etc., and even then, Windows does have the functionality built in to manage and configure such things).

Oh, you misunderstood, the latest one which I gave you is the one with compatibility for the latest update to Windows 10.  I was saying that in their latest releases, I believe that Realtek deliberately disabled the HD Audio Manager to make their drivers compatible with the latest updates to Windows 10, so that version is (R2.82) is the most recent and most compatible with the most recent version of Windows 10.

I apologize for the confusion, I should have been clearer about the issue.

By the way, regarding the brightness control, I came across this topic which describes a similar problem.  It seems that for some reason, Windows 10 doesn't always provide brightness controls in the Control Panel.  This means you may need to use the controls found either on your monitor itself, or if you prefer to adjust it in Windows, using the NVIDIA display control panel which should be available as an option when you right-click on your desktop background.  There also may be an option for controlling brightness under your Power Options for the system (at least that's how it is in Windows 7; it may differ in Windows 10, but if you search for "power options" you should be able to locate the power controls to see if display brightness is there).

As for the Realtek drivers, no worries.  With software, any issue can be corrected simply by uninstalling/reinstalling etc. so you can download and reinstall that latest driver from this page.  As before, it is the 3rd item in the list called 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) version R2.82 :) .

OK, good, if you want the latest one that is fully compatible with the latest version of Windows 10, then that's the one :) .  In fact, both that one you have circled as well as the one just above it would work with your system.  That larger one you have circled just includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but it installs the appropriate one for your system automatically so it's fine (it is able to detect that you are running a 64 bit operating system automatically and installs the appropriate version).

So how is your audio working now?  Is sound playback working for you?

By the way, where exactly were you seeing that generic audio device?  Was it listed in the Playback Devices interface or was it in your Device Manager or was it somewhere else?  I'm just curious because I want to make sure that we fixed the problem with your audio assuming it wasn't working correctly before.