Visual Studio C# files Flagged

Usagi

Every time I try to compile and run C# programs I've written for class, Malwarebytes flags it as a machine learning 97% and deletes my code.

When I look this up, it seems to be an old problem. Why is this happening still?

I am running Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017

Version 15.8.1

I'm a brand new student programmer... I'm only making buttons display pictures... nothing nefarious.

This is really starting to irritate me as I can't get my homework done. I will definitely have to risk ditching Malwarebytes if it continues to find all my programming homework to be malicious code.

:(:(

• Staff

Hi,

This is detected by our MachineLearning engine, which helps to protect even better against 0day threats. Unfortunately, as this is a heuristic engine, it's possible False Positives happen. Thanks for reporting these, as this helps to finetune the engine, so these won't be detected in the future anymore.
We don't detect as malware but as suspicious/generic where it's still machinelearning.

Can you zip and attach some of the files that were detected? This so we can have a closer look? I also suggest you create an exclusion for the folder where these files are present for now.

Thanks!