KSM Connection Broker

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

ATTENTION: System Restore is disabled
Turn System Restore ON for Drives in Windows 10 - Immediately.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4533-system-protection-turn-off-drives-windows-10-a.html
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please let me know of any remaining issues.

fixlist.txt

Hi,

I enabled the disc restore option on my system disc. I downloaded the fix text file and ran it. When the computer rebooted I got a blue screen.

Were you not able to just Turn System Restore ON?

What I suggested.
ATTENTION: System Restore is disabled
Turn System Restore ON for Drives in Windows 10 - Immediately.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4533-system-protection-turn-off-drives-windows-10-a.html
===

I was gaming for an hour last night and didn't notis anything. But I still have the process "Runtime Broker" which makes me suspicious (Even though I have no clue what it does) see file.

I had an external drive pluged in when i got the virus and I used a USBstick to reinstall windows before I came here to ask for help. Is there any way to save them? I expect the computor will go berserk if I connect them.

processes.jpg

Hi,

Unless Runtime Broker is slowing down your computer leave it alone.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027837/windows-10-runtime-broker-is-using-too-much-memory

As far as I can see it's running well.

===

I had an external drive pluged in when i got the virus and I used a USBstick to reinstall windows before I came here to ask for help. Is there any way to save them? I expect the computor will go berserk if I connect them.

You expect to have problems if you connect them.

We will not know until you do.

If you do use them and get problems with this computer then run the Farbar program and post a fresh FRST.TXt log for my review.

You always have a restore point to restore the system.
The Farbar fix created one.

Sorry for the late reply.

The computor seems to be ok now. I did, however, manage to infect my wifes computor before I came to you for help. (don't ask - it was really stupid). should I make a new thred for the other computor? Can I hae the drives connected to that computor to clean them all at the same time?

I'm really thankfull for all the help you are giving me.

Hi,

The computor seems to be ok now. I did, however, manage to infect my wifes computor before I came to you for help. (don't ask - it was really stupid). should I make a new thred for the other computor? Can I hae the drives connected to that computor to clean them all at the same time?

You will have to strart a new topic with your wife's computer.
The problem may not be the same.
When done post the URL here I will expedite the matter.

As for the other external drives let see what we are dealing with before connecting the external drive.

p.s.
On your computer which is clean, I would mount one of the external drive and scan the drive with Windows defender.
The run the Farbar program on the drive and post a FRST log for my review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks