Some websites will not load

I recently had my laptop fixed with new HD b/c the first one crashed. DELL did it a few months ago and they installed Win7 per original contract. My desktop with WIN 10 works fine and I can get any website. But now my laptop cannot get www.foxnews.com or www.komando.com, but again as I said my desktop pc gets them. My laptop is using Chrome and IE, both will not get the websites. I cannot get them even if I turn off my VPN. What could cause this? I canned with MB and all okay. I get a msg back saying "took too long to respond" --- I know this sounds nuts, but is there a virus or malware that will purposely block those web sites.  My laptop was getting them a few days ago. 

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

This could be caused by your Cookies and the cache in your browsers.

Clean the browsers that are giving your problems.

If that does not work run this program.
===

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
attachlogs.png

Attach the file.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach.
Click Attach this file.
Click the Add reply button.
===

Please post the logs  for my review.

Hi,

Your logs are clean.

===

This may not be your exact problem but at least check the recommendations.
https://support.turbotenant.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000855908-I-got-a-message-that-says-Your-connection-is-not-private-What-do-I-do-

If you follow the instructions to clean the Chrome Browsing data.

Method 3: Clean Google Chrome Browser data and it works then clean Internet Explorer.

How to : Clean the Internet Explorer Cache.
https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Keep me posted.

Hi,

Reset your Zone 

1.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer. 
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab. 
4. Reset all zones to default level.
5. Click on Apply.
6. Click Ok.

I hope these instructions will work with your Windows 7.
I have Windows 10 and the Reset the Zone level is disabled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks