OpenVPN and Web Protection not working

@jeffspl311 can you please provide the logs mentioned below:

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link
    welcome mbst.png
  • Click the Gather Logs button
    gatherlogs.png
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop

Either way is fine, it gathers some logs about the configuration.

As for the update button, the Update button on the dashboard looks for database updates only, not program updates. For program updates, you want to click Settings -> Application and then click Check for Application Updates

@dcollins, no need to send you config details. I followed your directions to upgrade the program and 3.5.1 is playing nicely with OpenVPN.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Jeff

BTW, please tell the UI team that there should be some kind of notice to check that app updates are available when checking for database updates! I had no idea that my app was out of date!

1 hour ago, jeffspl311 said:

BTW, please tell the UI team that there should be some kind of notice to check that app updates are available when checking for database updates! I had no idea that my app was out of date!

Glad you got it updated and all is working well... 3.5.1 just got released a few days ago... eventually you would have received a notice from Malwarebytes that a new update was available. The roll out program updates in stages (metered) so when your turn came up, it would have notified you to update.

@dcollins, Oh NO! After installing the latest MalwareBytes with the result of everything being fixed, suddenly this morning around 12:15am I lost internet connection. I've since learned that the OpenVPN server got rebooted around that time for an upgrade. Anyway, Malwarebytes 3.5.1 doesn't like the new version of OpenVPN server that my ISP (Sonic) gives me. Attached is the mb-check-results.

Thanks,
Jeff

mb-check-results.zip