MBAM V3 Premium Increases Time to make Macrium Image

Hey Folks, this is my first post, so I beg for your patience.  Last week, I installed MBAM V3.4.5 Premium on my Dell computer running Windows 10.  The day *before* doing so, I ran a Macrium image which was 93GB and took 24 minutes to complete & verify.  I have been using Macrium on this computer for over a year now & it has never taken over 30 minutes to make & verify an image.  Today, I ran a Macrium image which was also 93GB and it took 1 hour 28 minutes to complete & verify!  Wow, I was shocked!  Any idea why this addition of MBAM premium should affect the time it takes to run a Macrium image?  Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings and welcome :)

This is most likely being caused by the monitoring of the Ransomware Protection component in Malwarebytes Premium.  If you would, please test by disabling that component temporarily by right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon and clicking Ransomware Protection: On and confirm your choice when prompted by User Account Control then check to see if that eliminates the issue.

Also, in order to assist the Developers with tracking down the exact cause of the problem so that they can hopefully get it resolved in a future Malwarebytes version, please do the following:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced Options on the main page (not Get Started)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Also, please create a Process Monitor log of a portion of the backup process (logging the entire backup would create a file way too large, so just use it for maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute or so):

Create a Process Monitor Log:

• Create a new folder on your desktop called Logs
  • Please download Process Monitor from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on Procmon.exe to run it
  • In Process Monitor, click on File at the top and select Backing Files...
  • Click the circle to the left of Use file named: and click the ... button
  • Browse to the Logs folder you just created and type MB3 Log in the File name: box and click Save
  • Exit Process Monitor and open it again so that it starts creating the logs
  • Start the backup process and leave it running for just a few minutes then proceed with the next step
  • Close Process Monitor
  • Right-click on the Logs folder on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Please attach the Logs.zip file you just created to your next reply, or if it is too large, please upload it to WeTransfer and provide us with the link to the file

Thanks

Thanks so much for your patience, exile360.  Here is what was accomplished this morning.  Fortunately, I have a family member who is a computer wizard.  She logged into my system to see what was going on related to this issue.  Going into Macrium, she could see that the write speeds had gone down drastically on the images I did yesterday as compared to those done in the past prior to installing MBAM V3 Premium.   She did note that Macrium needed a program update.  Now, in the past, she had told me not to update it & to wait to see if the update was stable, which I did.  We updated Macrium to Version 7.1 and decided to run a "test" image to see if it resolved the issue.  Voila!  It did!  In fact, with the updated version of Macrium, the images take even less time than they did prior to installing MBAM V3 Premium.   So, all is well & I wanted to be sure & let you know that this issue is *resolved.*  Thus, there is no need to go through all the troubleshooting steps/programs/logs you suggested.  Should you encounter this issue on the forums in the future, you will know to suggest that the poster be certain to update Macrium to the most recent version.  Thanks again for your assistance.  Have a beautiful day!