quicktime problem

So i just recently tried to open my quicktime player application, and it gave me BSOD and reboot. I thought it was a problem with online armor, but after allowing all the apps, it still happens. I even disabled OA and tried opening it and same thing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest windows version from the apple website. Its strange because i have had this on my pc for a while and have never had this issue. When I get the BSOD, i have a few seconds to read something about windows shutting down to prevent damage? Any thoughts? Thanks

Do this in case you have another BSOD so you actually have time to read and write down the errors:

• Click Start and right-click My Computer and select Properties
  • Click the Advanced tab and under Startup and Recovery click the Settings button
  • Under System failure uncheck the box next to Automatically restart then click Ok and Apply

As for the problem itself, you said the error no longer occurs as long as OA doesn't launch at boot, but are you able to start OA manually or do you still have problems in that case? This may have to do with qttask (a component of QuickTime) running at boot, which you can safely disable using either the QuickTime settings or a tool such as Autoruns or the Startup tab in Ccleaner.