Mendi

I have been reading a lot of the discussions, and please hang with me, I am NOT techy like you all are.  

I had Avast premier, (took it off - even though they charged without my consent for 2 years)

I cannot access Windows defender, I am hardlined to my router/modem.

Running Win 8.1 64bit 

Mbam is blocking some websites from chrome, but I cannot gain access to my C drive 

Took me a good week to get out of redirects from Chrome

Avast never found a problem, always created one though.

How do I gain access and run what's needed to fix my computer.  I am prompted for everything, I do not download things unless specifically told to.  Microsoft reinstalled as I had a virus or something on 12/20/2017.  Since then on 12/28/17, 1/02/18, 1/11/18 etc, pc running slow, everything I plug into google to see if a file is safe always says "good".. popups, banners, even though that is all disabled. Mbam custom scan with rootkits, takes over 5 hours to run, I love mbam, yet, I know something is wrong with my pc.  I'll be sitting here all day, looking for help...thanks.  Please tell me what info you need and happy to share!

Greetings and welcome,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your system.  Please try to follow the instructions in this topic to the best of your ability and create a new topic here describing your issues and posting the requested logs from the link I mentioned and one of our malware removal experts will assist you directly with checking and cleaning your system to get it back to running normally again.

If you are unable to run any of the tools mentioned, don't worry, just create a new topic there describing your issues and a helper will assist you as soon as one becomes available and will provide further instructions on what to do in order to check and clean your system.

Best of luck and I hope that you are able to promptly get your system back in proper working order.