Malwarebytes immediately stops scan

How do you know which version he is on? He didn't mention it anywhere and he only has these 2 comments he posted in this thread?

Also when you say

It is a common reliability update replaces the previously released update 4022868. These updates come out every few months and there is no "fanfare" over them.

I think you don't quite understand the problem. It is absolutely not normal that a Windows update installs something that lands in your list of installed programs, especially when that program doesn't have a publisher and you can't find one single bit of information about it on Google.

@jqin

If you could answer my question I asked in my previous comment, I'd be very thankful.

Edited by Weiku

3 minutes ago, Weiku said:

How do you know which version he is on?

His logs. ;)

4 minutes ago, Weiku said:

It is absolutely not normal that a Windows update installs something that lands in your list of installed programs

It is with Windows 10 if you have been putting off the new builds. These updates bypass efforts to block feature updated/ upgrades. They are issued to nudge/encourage/force the newest version on you.  1709 was released last October and the poster had not upgraded for whatever reason and this update checks and fixes it so you can/will update. I predict another one of these around April.

Welcome to Windows 10 as a service. There are many who uninstall the update as soon as they see it. I don't see these because I upgrade the day it is released. 

I have only had a Windows update install a program once before, that program is called "Update for Windows 10 for x64-based System (KB4023057)" and at least it says "Microsoft" on that one's publisher. This new one like I said doesn't have a publisher and can't be found anywhere on Google. If it's so normal, then a lot of people would have wondered about it and asked somewhere, since there must still be quite a few 1703 (or lower) users, the internet should be full of threads about this topic, but there is only mine.

Also what do you mean by "his logs"? He didn't post any logs anywhere oO

Edited by Weiku

15 minutes ago, Weiku said:

If it's so normal, then a lot of people would have wondered about it and asked somewhere, the internet should be full of threads about this topic, but there is only mine.

It is a small update and does not require a restart so most don't notice. It bypasses update "settings".  Give it time people will notice. It was only released yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Weiku said:

and at least it says "Microsoft" on that one's publisher. This new one like I said doesn't have a publisher

I don't work for any software company much less Microsoft. I can't tell you how, why, or when they do things. Could have changed the name to fool people and forgot to sign it who knows.

Your not the first person who asked about this here. I had the same answer basically. Look for it by number NOT name.

Edited by Porthos