How to uninstall Endpoint Agent Installer from Macs

Maybe

You can remove the agent by going to the portal -> Endpoints, check the box for the Mac endpoint and selecting "Delete".

You can also remove it manually thrashing these pieces, then restarting:
/Library/Application Support/Malwarebytes
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.malwarebytes.EndpointAgent.plist

• 4 years later...
  • Root Admin

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes Business section of the forum

For self-help articles, please see the following link
https://service.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us

If you're unable to locate an answer from the articles in that link or here on the forums, you're more than welcome to post a new question.

Please note that if you do need direct support, please create a support ticket from the following link.

Business Support
https://service.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• 2 years later...
On 5/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, Leeagm said:

I have 2 others that keep coming back 

com.malwarebytes.ncep.rtprotection.daemon 

com.malwarebytes.ncep.settings.daemon 

as soon as I delete , and i go back into the folder they reappear.

I had the same issue on MacOS...

First, I did this:

1. deleted everything in /Library/Application Support/Malwarebytes

2. deleted everything with 'malwarebytes' in the filename at /Library/LaunchDaemons

3. deleted everything with 'malwarebytes' in the filename at /Library/LaunchAgents

But, I kept seeing those files return and the MalwareBytes app icon running in the taskbar. I had used activity monitor to kill anything with MalwareBytes in the name and the taskbar app kept re-appearing.

I was finally able to delete everything using one or both of the steps below (not sure of exact order or whether these were all actually needed... wasn't paying close attention... just trying ideas from ChatGPT and something worked):

1. Running sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.malwarebytes.ncep.settings.daemon.plist

2. Running ps aux | grep Malwarebytes , then for any process ID returned, running sudo kill -9 <the_process_id>

After that, I was able to delete all files without anything returning or continuing to run.