New Version Download

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 7:58 AM, Computerdienst said:

When can we expect that the download in the cloud is up2date? I think that's important.... 

Cloud installer links are always up to date, though you are only downloading the agent platform, once the machine that is installed and the agent connects to your cloud console, it will pull the latest protection pieces down automatically and according to what you have outlined in you Endpoint Protection policy..

The OP's question was for the on-premises product and is not related to the cloud product.

On 17.11.2017 at 12:29 AM, djacobson said:

Cloud installer links are always up to date, though you are only downloading the agent platform, once the machine that is installed and the agent connects to your cloud console, it will pull the latest protection pieces down automatically and according to what you have outlined in you Endpoint Protection policy..

The OP's question was for the on-premises product and is not related to the cloud product.

Sorry, that's just wrong.

For example, I did a brand new installation last week on a client, this is what it shows:

Product Name: Endpoint Protection (1.1.0.140)
Product Name:

Asset Manager (1.1.0.104)

We all now that this was a buggy version. It doesn't even seem to update itself now.

Edited by Computerdienst

57 minutes ago, BMGH-CISO said:

I have not received any notifications of updates. What are the latest versions for Management Console, Anti-Malware Version, and Anti-Exploit Version?

The On-Prem product does not provide any notification. Release history for it can be seen here - https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/business/

Management Console and Managed Client Communicator - 1.8.0.3443
Anti-Malware for Business - 1.80.2.1012
Anti-Exploit for Business - 1.10.2.41

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the management console hasn't been updated in over a year? What about the endpoint client versions? I've been at Anti-Malware Version 1.80.2.1012 and Anti-Exploit version 1.12.2.90 for as long as I can remember.

In fact, after fighting with Anti-Exploit causing random Internet Explorer cashes throughout our organization for years, we finally resorted to just uninstalling it.

Is there an upgrade path yet to move to Endpoint Protection? Last time I checked, we we're being punished for purchasing a multi-year Endpoint Security license and Malwarebytes offered no cost incentive for moving. We had to choose to either abandon the remaining years of our existing license or not move.

@brainerdmobil, it has all updated in less than a year, except MBAM.

MBMC just updated to 1.8.1 in May of this year. More updates are coming.
MBAE 1.12.2.90 just released not long ago on June 25th. MBAE constantly updates due to its signature-less nature to bring new features and compatibility. Much has changed in how auto-upgrade works and which MBAE is deployed by what MBMC since your support ticket from 2016. IE issues come and go depending on what add-ons are in use by your org and what Microsoft feels like changing about IE and Edge through updates, which we cannot plan for until after the fact.
MBAM has not changed from 1.80.2.1012. The 1012 build addressed the last vulnerability within 1.x. Future console versions will use another version of Anti-Malware.

You can find version info here - https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/business/

@djacobson, thanks for clarification and the additional information.

How does one go about upgrading to MBMC 1.8.1 and after doing so, does it require a manual reinstall of MBAM and MBAE for all endpoints or will they automatically work with the new MBMC version?

Is there an upgrade path yet for customers who have an existing Endpoint Security license to move to Endpoint Protection? A lot of our endpoints stay off network for extended periods of time and don't get updated from MBMC for months at a time. Endpoint Protection would be a much better solution for us, but we can't abandon the multi-year license investment we've already made.

Hi @brainerdmobil 1.8.1 is a patch mainly for the server side, with this one you you could, but do not have to, redeploy to change the managed client version on the endpoints, the communicator portion has not been changed and doesn't need the upgrade.

It can be found here...
FAQ: Where can I download my business products?

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1161

Upgrade to the latest version of the Malwarebytes Management Console

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1043

My focus is the technical aspects of the products but there are all kinds of ways your sales agent can change your subscription. There are trials of the cloud product available so you can test drive it beforehand make sure it will work out for your roaming clients, and if it does end up being a good fit for you guys, you could trade some portions of your existing seats or discuss ways to convert the whole thing. Do you have your sales agent contact? If not I can find out and forward it.