Disk Image Couldn't be Opened

I have a late 2015 27" iMac with Sierra 10.12.6. I downloaded Malewarebytes-3.0.1.38. When I double click the download, I get a window that says WARNING The following disk image couldn't be opened. Malewarebytes 3.0.1.38 image not recognized. I'm trying to get rid of Safe Finder. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

You may have tried to open it before it had completely downloaded. Watch the download indicator in your browser to ensure that it has completed. If it still won't open, drag it to the Trash and try again. 

Perhaps you are infected or maybe you just haven't reset a preference. I can only guess that you might be using Safari and you need to open Safari Preferences and in the General pane change the homepage box to whatever you prefer. Or perhaps your search engine isn't to your liking, so in the Search pane use the pop-up menu to choose a different search engine. If that's not what the problem is or the browser you use, give us some details on exactly what you are seeing that leads you to believe you have a Safe Finder infection. And tell us what, if anything Malwarebytes did find.