Malwarebytes 3.1.2 Premium - Malware Protection Module fails at startup

Occasionally when booting up the computer, Malware protection module fails to load. Closing Malwarebytes from the System Tray and restarting Malwarebytes from the desktop icon seems to solve the problem - mb-check-results.zip attached. Self Protection Module is enabled............

Windows 7 Home Premium  SP1 64 bit
Microsoft Security Essentials, CryptoPrevent 8.0

Malware Protection Off.JPG

mb-check-results.zip

Hello @TempLost:

Thank you for the data files and JPEG that document the system's issue.  Let's start here:

1. Please follow the steps in the locked/pinned topic to uninstall the remnants of MB3 and reinstall the latest build: MB-Clean Tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the MB-Clean tool, you will be asked to reboot.  Once restarted, the tool will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the MB3 release version) or you can download the MB3 release version manually (currently v3.1.2.1733-1.0.160-1.0.2251) to re-install from HERE).
  2. Only if that does not correct the system's issue, then please read the following and only separately attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, and Addition.txt).

Please reply with your progress.  Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

I should have mentioned that I already carried out the clean / reinstall procedure you suggested after I saw this happen the last time (using the current release). I had hoped the issue was resolved. So I'll carry out the procedures suggested in stage 2 of your post when I have a moment and re-post with the logs. Thanks for your help. 

Edited by TempLost
grammar

Hello @TempLost:

Unfortunately, the usual traces of MB-Clean-3.1.0.1014.exe, and its resultant Setup Log.txt files, can not be located in the attached logs and the MB3 install does appear to be about two weeks old.

The process of using MB-Clean-3.1.0.1014.exe, on a system with MB3 issues, can increase the degree of thoroughness and subsequent success of the overall install.

Please carefully follow step #1 in the first post to you and let's see if any MB3 issues remain.  Then, please post a reply with the system's status.  Thank you.