[Fixed] - Database update causing protection and scans to fail

The issue has been corrected. The majority of Malwarebytes 3 users with automatic updates enabled recovered from this situation automatically.  In a small number of cases, a reboot or restart of the Malwarebytes service might be required to re-enable the protection modules.

If you have any further issues, please create a new topic and one of our team members will assist you.

For more information, head here: 

Thank you again for all your patience, we really appreciate it and thank you for using Malwarebytes.

Spoiler

Original post:

Greetings,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are aware of the issue with our updates malfunctioning and causing protection and scans not to function properly.

It is currently being investigated by our teams and we hope to have it corrected as soon as possible.

We apologize for this issue and will provide more details when they become available.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by msherwood

I was just informed that the source of the problem has been found and it should be fixed soon.  Our team is working on it right now and I will let you know as soon as the fix is live and what you need to do once it is.

I also found out more about the issue itself and specifically that it only affects 64-bit versions of Windows.

The issue is now fixed. The majority of Malwarebytes 3 users with automatic updates enabled recovered from this situation automatically.  In a small number of cases, a reboot or restart of the Malwarebytes service might be required to re-enable the protection modules.

If you have any further issues, please create a new topic and one of our team members will assist you.

For more information about this, please head here: 

Thank you again for all your patience, we really appreciate it and thank you for using Malwarebytes.

Edited by msherwood

• exile360 changed the title to [Fixed] - Database update causing protection and scans to fail
  • msherwood unpinned this topic
  • celee unfeatured this topic